What's new

2 Boost Sensors?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have fitted my EBC and therefore lost my standard boost gauge. I don't have allot of time or money at the moment so thought about trying to keep the standard boost gauge. Now I thought about just plugging it in and teeing off of the vacuum line. but then the car would get 2 readings?? So could I keep the wires that go to the gauge and bin the rest?

As you can tell I haven't thought about this very much! :wack: I will have a look at it tomorrow but would be nice if some one knew?

Cheers

Reaction score
I'm a little confused,so you disconnected your boost guage to fit the EBC. Why did you have to do that. You should have fitted the EBC and still kept your stock boost guage.

The reading on your boost guage should be the same on the EBC as they would be taped into a boost line going to your plenum somewhere

Reaction score
I'm a little confused,so you disconnected your boost guage to fit the EBC. Why did you have to do that. You should have fitted the EBC and still kept your stock boost guage.

The reading on your boost guage should be the same on the EBC as they would be taped into a boost line going to your plenum somewhere
Sorry, let me explain. When I fitted my EBC I had to remove the standard boost sensor and fit an HKS one (which made the standard wiring redundant). The standard boost gauge is electronic and therefore as soon as I unpluged the boost sensor to fit the HKS one, the boost gauge no longer worked.

I can get a vacuum line no problem I just need to know if it is possible only to give the gauge a reading and not the ECU.

Cheers.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
the stock boost sensor on the drivers side suspension is just a basic map sensor for the original gauge. i unplugged mine, removed it and tucked the wiring away behind the fuse box. as your stock gauge is only going to read up to 1 bar it wont be a hell of a lot of good with a boost controller anyway (that is assuming that you fitted the boost controller with the intention of upping the boost at some point when mapped) ;) you're best bet in the long term is getting a good mechanical boost gauge or an electronic stepper gauge, the sensors for the stepper gauges are only small say the size of a matchbox and then you can keep the hose in the engine bay rather than run it through the bulkhead :) a couple of us are using motor meter steppers now and i think for the money they are great accurate gauges and look like defi's/stri's apart from the logo - they can be got for less than 50 quid if moneys tight these are the ones to go for in 52 or 60mm HERE

:)

Reaction score
I'm running a mechanical Blitz boost guage 52mm, which fits in my air vent next to the drivers side. It was easy to install and wasn't to expensive. TBH I don't look at it much when I'm driving and just rely on the fact my boost controller is doing its job on the settings in place ie peak boost ,warning,gain and overboost

Reaction score
the stock boost sensor on the drivers side suspension is just a basic map sensor for the original gauge. i unplugged mine, removed it and tucked the wiring away behind the fuse box. as your stock gauge is only going to read up to 1 bar it wont be a hell of a lot of good with a boost controller anyway (that is assuming that you fitted the boost controller with the intention of upping the boost at some point when mapped) ;) you're best bet in the long term is getting a good mechanical boost gauge or an electronic stepper gauge, the sensors for the stepper gauges are only small say the size of a matchbox and then you can keep the hose in the engine bay rather than run it through the bulkhead :) a couple of us are using motor meter steppers now and i think for the money they are great accurate gauges and look like defi's/stri's apart from the logo - they can be got for less than 50 quid if moneys tight these are the ones to go for in 52 or 60mm HERE

:)
Yeah I wont be turning the boost up for a while, untill i get a map! I like the look of those gauges!! I also like the fact I dont have to run a vacuum line through the bulk head lol ill more than likely be getting one when I have the money :thumbs:

So that thing on the strut is just a sender for the gauge? if so its all good :) I pluged and plumbed it in today and it works and the car runs fine! So ill keep it untill i get the one in your link :)