What's new

2jz swap

P

Punghouse

sold my sr already intersted in getting and rb 26 or a 2jz preferbly a 2jz. Whats stopping me is that the shop im going to is telling me the motor mounts drive shaft for the 2jz will have to be custom. so i did some research online and they only have kits for s13 and 14, so i email one of the companys, and the reply was that the s14 and the s15 are the same. I am almost for sure it is not true. just looking for some input from more experienced members out there just got my car reg. so looking to finish my car asap, but dont want to make any stupid desicions

Last edited:

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
I would think there right. Worst case order the 14's and return if they dont line up?

Also.. have you got this car road legal in the US yet?
As i dont think you can do it? Unless its done as a kit car?

P

Punghouse

I would think there right. Worst case order the 14's and return if they dont line up?

Also.. have you got this car road legal in the US yet?
As i dont think you can do it? Unless its done as a kit car?
no refunds... dont want to waste $1100 for nothing

E

evo400

S14 and S15 are the same. I am now doing swap from RHD S15 to LHD, using an LHD S14 as source of parts.

S

StarletRick

yup, they are the same. aside from some small minor differences that wont be a problem.

Reaction score
Dunno if this helps but i looked through my Japanese Performance mags and came up with an article of a guy who transplanted an RB25DET into his RPS13 Type X. And it stated that all he needed was an R33 front crossmember which comes with the two other engine mounts needed to hold the six banger.

I dont know if the engine mounts between the RB26 and 25 are similar but its worth taking a look at. Because custom mounts are expensive and its always nicer in terms of maintenence to use parts from the same model family.

Sorry if none of this made sense. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
E

evo400

Hey Baby 2JZ is not RB26

2JZ is an 6piston inline engine originaly from Toyota Supra MKIV (for example)

Reaction score
sold my sr already intersted in getting and rb 26 or a 2jz preferbly a 2jz. Whats stopping me is that the shop im going to is telling me the motor mounts drive shaft for the 2jz will have to be custom. so i did some research online and they only have kits for s13 and 14, so i email one of the companys, and the reply was that the s14 and the s15 are the same. I am almost for sure it is not true. just looking for some input from more experienced members out there just got my car reg. so looking to finish my car asap, but dont want to make any stupid desicions

Sorry mate i belive he did mention rb26 also as an option. And its also a straight six 24v twin turbo