What's new

4 Branch Manifold!

D

david

Hi lads got my elbo and downpipe today.
Had to get the downpipe with the elbo because my kakimoto downpipe was a differant size and would not suit the elbo i got.
Anyway i seen a japspeed manifold and even has a engine support on it.
Is it true manifolds crack on s15s after a while just need to know before i get it!
:confused:

B

baynz

stainless steel cracks, most ppl have experianced elbows cracking and manis cracking, but nicely has had his years with no problems and i havent had any problems with mine yet, although the cast manifold doesnt need to be changed until around 330 hp. i only changed mine because my cast mani had cracked and there was no point in me buying another cast 1 considering my plans.

Reaction score
it'd appear cracks are just common with the heat produced from the turbo.....

i think it's a case of... if you're gonna do it, then do it.... don't worry about possible out comes down the line!

D

david

Well i should be ok so cause im only running low boost its just coming at rite money and iv to fit the downpipe and elbo anyway so might as well do all together.Its also only a weekend car so only do around 8k a year.
Do i need to use genuine nissan gaskets tho?...:confused:

B

baynz

yes only use genuine gaskets not the crap ones they supply you, or your asking for trouble and having to replace them soon enough.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
but nicely has had his years with no problems and i havent had any problems with mine yet,
Yes, and I have also have two cracked elbows. One lasted two years, the other two months :rolleyes:

Ensuring good support helps immensely. Made sure the front pipe has the support bracket where it joins the cat/decat. If it won't fit, then you've either fitted a front pipe or elbow which is too long. A flexi-section front pipe will also reduce the stresses on the mani and elbow. And if any of the nuts on the mani/turbo/elbow come loose, it will cause excessive vibrations which will lead to cracking.

Be under no illusion, cast iron manis crack too.

D

david

Nicely the front pipe i got has a flexy on it u could buy ether so i got the one with the flexy and also the manifold has a support bracket that goes onto the engine and i have a engine damper too.
Would u by any chance have the part numbers for the manifold and turbo gaskets?:D

Reaction score
Country
Ideally you want to download and install the FAST programme, this is so helpful in finding part numbers etc (plus all the options you didnt know about) :). Well worth becoming a contributing member just for that alone :cool:

I would look myself but im at work and havent got round to installing it here yet.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
as far as i can tell, stainless manifolds for these cars are amazingly cheap compared to others i have seen, you could probably fit three before it would cost as much as say an fto set of MILD STEEL manifolds.......