What's new

Aftermarket Steering wheel options?

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Hi Guys,

Going to treat myself to a new steering wheel for japfest, now I think it will have to be Nardi and probably the Deep Corn type but not sure about depth. So just asking what you guys have had over the years and what sits best. Also thinking I might fancy a snap off boss, but then I am thinking I'll have to loose the dish idea, as if I have a dishy wheel with a snap off boss with it be right in my face?

Can't make a decison :(

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
got a nardi classic with a sparco snap off in mine.....pretty much no dish on the wheel otherwise it would be on my nose....as it is though, it sits perfect :)

i dont appear to have any pics of it from the drivers view...only got these.

Reaction score
Country
I have a Nardi in mine (330mm iirc)

IMO it's perfect! Iv'e had many different wheels, Momo's, Personal's, among others, but this is by far my favorite. As for dished wheels, i had a momo mod 08 in my S14 and i didn't like the depth. Much prefer a flat-to-slightly dished wheel.

One of the good things about the Nardi's is that they are perfectly round, so you can grab and actually grip it well at any angle of rotation, and let it run through your fingers, unlike the typical 'momo' design for example. (good if you like going sideways :thumbs: )

Reaction score
Country
and remember, if your going to use a snap-off boss, it's best to get a short hub boss, or else the wheel will sit too close to you. Especially if you opt for a dished wheel haha

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
cheers for the info guys :) can anyone point me in the direction of a slim snap off and thin boss? If its going to be stupid money then I will probably bin that idea..

Reaction score
Country
I currently have a 260mm Momo Tuner wheel on my Civic with a snap off and I love it, its so small in my hands. It feels like I am steering a go-kart lol But when I do get an S15, Nardi here I come; a nice 330mm wheel :D BTW Dave what Nardi wheel is that? I want it so much

As for snap off S15AK try FunkyPower

Reaction score
Country
I currently have a 260mm Momo Tuner wheel on my Civic with a snap off and I love it, its so small in my hands. It feels like I am steering a go-kart lol But when I do get an S15, Nardi here I come; a nice 330mm wheel :D BTW Dave what Nardi wheel is that? I want it so much

As for snap off S15AK try FunkyPower
It's this wheel mate - http://www.driftworks.com/shop/nard...rforated-leather-with-black-spokes-330mm.html

and iv'e added the Nardi ring around the horn push, from another Nardi i had. i love it!

^^^ +1

NRG are a decent brand and seem to make solid quick release systems :thumbs:
I had an NRG snap off on my old Civic, great quality as you say! locking system stayed nice and tight throughout its life.

Reaction score
Country
Forgot to mention I also have an NRG snap off my system currently on my civic, had it well over a year. Still nice, crisp and tight :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yup I think anything that utilizes a decent ball bearing system as part of the quick release should stay solid over time :thumbs:

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
cheers for the links and info guys, doubt I can afford anything before japfest now.. my xc90 needs a new intercooler, and got other things come up that I need to pay out for....

Least I can have a good look around all your cars at Japfest and get the feel for what want ;)