What's new

Air filters

K

kieran

i also run APEXI without any issues however every tuner i have taken my car too has said that is looks far to small? im dont know enough to argue right or wrong but wondered if anyone new better?

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Its about half the size of the SUS i had prior to the Apex'i :nod: and yes is small, but its shapped in such a way (internally) to suck in as much air as possible

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
I had an HKS metal flow when i first got my car but i've changed it to an Apexi,
when i took the HKS off it was dirty inside, so hadnt been doing its job properly :no:

Kieran -
as long as the filter is bigger than the bore on the intake pipe its ok,
as the engine can only take in the amount of air that the bore of the intake pipe allows.

R

robf

filter

Apexi >>used a K&N once on my S13, AFM did not get on with it at all ,coats the filament with oil which then collects anything not filtered.

K

kieran

kimi what you say makes sense to me, i wonder if its because the resistance of the filter therefore the biggger filter has more intake space = less restance..........................i think im talking crap its late had ive had about 10 hours sleep these week.......im going for a coffee :cry: