What's new

Airbag Bypass Wire??

Reaction score
Anyone with a aftermarket steering wheel know how this works? I have a wire with a white connector with 3 black wires connected to it. white connector im guessing connects to the car's airbag connector, two black wires are already connected to a 2amp fuse, and there is one extra black wire which has a female crimp connector on it, does anyone know where i should be putting extra wire???

:confused:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I'm not sure, but i am interested to know if your telling your insurance, and if so what they make of this??

Just to clarify, you should tel your insurers about this as its removing a safety feature, i'm mainly interested to hear what insurance companies think of this :)

Reaction score
lol never thought about that, but same goes with any mods they dont like, they won't insure you for it?? i think thats what they said about my cf bonnet :p

Reaction score
In NZ - removing an air bag wheel is a big no-no. I think the only way around it is when you have a 4 point harness and LVV cert. Besides, the standard S15 wheel isn't that bad - it's leather and has a decent width for grip. Hell, it might save your life one day. I've always have aftermarket wheels, but I'm keeping my S15 standard.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
There were two options -

1)

2)

Both look pretty crap to me, and are 370mm dia, anyone know what the stock JDM wheels dia is??

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Us UK guys have the JDM one too, but not the MOMO one above :no:, we are all to lazy to measure ours, so how big is yours?? Steering wheels that is :wack: