What's new

Alarm wont disarm or work atall

Reaction score
Hi all,

my alarm has decided it doesnt want to work after leaving the car over the weekend..

I washed it an put it straight away on thursday and havent touched it since. the alarm was working perfectly before? and the car running sweet..

Checked the battery its fine, as i jumped it across to my girlfirends car to see if it would jump into life..

I have to unlock the car with the key but i cant even start it as the electrics wont switch on as its immobilised. its just dead??

Tried my other key fob as thought it maybe the batery in this but it still wont work.

Looked through fuses but its seems to be alarm related not fuses as they are specific for certain things and with it immobilised nothing works apart from the interior light..

The alarm is a Hornet 740 T if that helps. i have read through the booklet with no luck.

Please help??

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
What's with all the badass electrical problems on here grrr!!

Cad's S15 (he now owns mine) has just had electrics play up big time since a day after he collected car from me :( The remote locking doesn't work, nor does the alarm and Power FC stays on plus engine warning lights on the dash illuminate even when keys are removed?!

Climate is dead and speedo not working... We've dropped car off at CPC who always sort out my electrics so waiting to hear back. Think ours is most likely faulty relay or bad earth somewhere...

With yours have you tried swapping the A/T Control fuse in the driver footwell for another fuse to see that helps? Cad found out that the A/T stand for Anti/Theft by the looks of it so could be that little bugger playing up??

Reaction score
you sold her then,

cool hope u got what you wanted mate ..

I had the AA out earlier to do a few check on it as im clueless with electrics. battery is ok and fob is operating correctly as he checked it on a scanner thing.

loom in side the arch is my concern that may of caused a short making a fuse blow as my rear wiper was mysteriously running on its own the other day.

gonna get the loom tucked asap.

i have now booked a car alarm bloke to come out tommorow and he is quite confident he will find the fault..

hopefully the alarm aint shagged though. that would be :down::annoyed::annoyed::furious:

Reaction score
not that simple unfortunatly, checked the fuses with no luck. took all the steering cowling off and under the wheel so it saves time for the auto electrician tommorow. had a look around at all the wires and god theres alot lol.

just hope he can sort it.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I hate things like this. Electrical faults have got to be the most annoying thing as the fault is usually something really minor, its just finding it!!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Ah shame the fuse thing didn't cure the problem mate... just been to CPC who are working on Cad's car and they spent an hour before they had to shut... no result yet grrr!!

But looks like Tooley recently had similar symptoms to Cad's so possible dodgy earth (most likely) as I doubt the tyres are rubbing the wiring loom inside the driver side arch... she's not that low lol :wack:

Reaction score
I hope he can identify it, hes coming at 11.30 to my house as the car is completly immobile. its strange cause the car and alarm was perfect before it went in my garage for the course of the weekend...

BTW James im loving the stagea signature

C

cad

I feel for you mate!! The Electrical problem with mine/James is so irritating! Especially when its not something you can sort yourself without spending endless hours following wires! Hope the guy manages to sort it, has he been yet?

I'm just waiting to hear back off CPC/James to see if they've managed to find the issue on mine - heres hoping :(

Reaction score
update, the car is now running..

it were a wire in the arch. but from lloking it didnt look to bad but on further inspection the wire was damaged fr the ignition. We just cut and resldered in some wire and then proceeded to tape then i cut a fosters can open and rolled a sheet of it over the wires and taped it tight.

it will take a lot to rub through now and have moved the loom further up to move it away from harms way where it has been rubbing.

what a mess around though lol

Reaction score
I feel for you mate!! The Electrical problem with mine/James is so irritating! Especially when its not something you can sort yourself without spending endless hours following wires! Hope the guy manages to sort it, has he been yet?

I'm just waiting to hear back off CPC/James to see if they've managed to find the issue on mine - heres hoping :(
It's all sorted now mate.. The loom in the arch was at fault.. Thank god for that.. Hope u get it's sorted soon matey.. Check the wires in the arch I would just to be sure.. Mine looked ok on first inspection but it wasn't till we cut open the loom sheath that we could see the damage..