What's new

Annoying beeping

Reaction score
Just picked up the spec s and randomly it beeps every now and then beeep..................beep beep beep when were driving any idea what this could be??

plus there is a switch just before the handbrake what this for its been snapped off?

thanks in advance!

chris:cool:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
could it be your alarm system playing up?

Reaction score
Mine doesnt have a seat belt alarm?? it does have a 'lights on' and 'left the key in the ignition' alarm!

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I dont think any of them have the seatbelt alarms. I still reckon it'll be something to do with your alarm, or boost controller etc. The factory warning tones used in these cars is more of a consistent 'bong' than a random 'beep'.

Reaction score
ill see if i can record it it has one of those av multi units that doesnt owek so could be that i got it to work once today nothing since its a spec s so no boost controller and no after market alarm?? lol im still digging its driving me nuts and also the cd player is working fine crazy ill hunt it down

Reaction score
it's not something to do with the key in ignition when the car is turned off....

obviously faulty if the car is still running.

S

S15 SILVIA

Anything to do with the broken switch? Is it a factory switch? Stick a picture up on here.

Reaction score
Country
if all else fails, find the micro speaker that's making the beeping noise (under dash on drivers side in a relay looking box) and lance the diaphragm with a needle & ensure that none of the remaining diaphragm is left. have done that with most JDM cars that have built it micro speakers that beep when the door is left open or the seatbelt is not in, in the process you sacrifice the "your lights are still on" beep