What's new

Another 'what do I value my car at' thread.

Reaction score
Country
I'm considering a change of car, fancy something a bit more practical / comfortable / VIPish so I'm wondering if I were to put my S15 up for sale what would be a fair price? I was thinking around the £12.5k mark as it is, what are people's thoughts on this?

It's a spec-s 6-speed auto chassis, converted to SR20DET 5-speed manual in Japan, from an S14.

Mileage is roughly 80k.

Spec:

Engine & Transmission

ACT HD Extreme Clutch
R33 Diff and Shafts
Nismo 555cc Injectors
GReddy Profec B-Spec 2 Boost Controller
APexi Air Filter
Z32 AFM
Tuning Developments stainless intake pipe
HKS fmic
Garrett GT2871R (New)
H-Dev Manifold
Japspeed Elbow
HSD Dual Downpipe
Kakimoto 3" Cat-Back
Cosworth Head Gasket and Studs
H-Dev Daughterboard + Stage 3A Map
Engine Torque Damper
Cusco Catch Tank
Blue Cam Cover
Carbon Fibre Cooling Panel
Carbon Fibre Coilpack Cover
Carbon Fibre ABS Heat Shield
Battery Relocated To Boot (Yellowtop)

Suspension

HKS Coilovers
Polybushed ARB's
Cusco Front Strut Brace
Japspeed Tension Rod Brace
Apex Rear Subframe Brace

Interior

Corbeau Sportline RXR Recliners
Juran SuperLow Seat Rails
Nardi Deep Corn 330mm Wheel
Carbon Fibre Gear / Stereo Surround
Nismo Gearknob
HKS Water Temp & Boost Guages
Nismo Pedals
Kenwood Double Din Touchscreen Unit
Rockford Fosgate and Kenwood Speakers, 4 Channel Amp, Pioneer Underseat Compact Sub

Exterior

Vertex Full Kit
Origin +25mm Front Wings
Boot De-Spoilered and Smoothed
Vertex Lang Ducktail Spoiler
Origin V1 Roof Spoiler
D-Max 50-50 Rear Lights

Stats & Figures

356 bhp
350 ft/lb Tq

Wheels & Brakes

SSR Koenig - 18x9 and 18x10, ET22
20mm Superforma Spacers (f)
Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta x2, Bridgestone Adrenaline x2
Standard S15 calipers
EBC Grooved and drilled disks front, plain disks rear
EBC Yellowstuff pads F+R

Gearbox is good, minor VVT rattle when first moving off, engine runs well and is healthy. Factory extra-wise, it has brushed heater vent rings, heated windscreen wiper elements, all electrics work as they should.

Bad points are a crack in the front bumper where it meets the wing / arch, about 9-10cm long, a small amount of rust on a couple of seams in the engine bay, a couple of scratches in the driver side paintwork. Wheels are not perfect and one in particular has a couple paint chips that could do with sorting.

Pics:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Converted spec s normally go for quite a bit less than spec r regardless of spec. Think the most I have seen a spec s go for was around £8k and that was a full aero with rb25 . It is a good spec don't get me wrong but I don't think you will get near to that for it dude. You might be better selling the expensive bits seperately , cars like these you will never get your money back on. Iirc deans car went for around £12k that was a spec r, 370 hp , vertex kit , full respray , fully polybushed , powder coated, low milage, private plate, absolutely mint, probably the cleanest I have ever seen. End of the day cars like this are only worth what people will pay for them, no harm putting the price high and seeing what offers you get!
Glwts dude it is a nice example

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would have to agree, its a nice car and good spec, love the seats but the fact its a spec-s does seem to to automatically make them worth less even if they are an equally specced and condition car.

Reaction score
Country
Nice looking car. Probably the wrong time of year now to get top money for it, maybe hang on until early next year?