What's new

apexi exhaust control valve?

Reaction score
just wondering does any one have or does any one know someone that has an apexi exhaust control valve installed on there exhaust system and if so is it any good?:confused:. The local gardai (police):censored: have had many of the local lads up in court for loud exhausts and are being fined anything from €50 to €600 for repeat offences. I know there is nothing in the law as of noise levels as of yet but they must still pay the fines. So looking on installing a apexi egv in my car. :thumbs: videos on youtube some good some not good http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k204/markywelding/IMG_1918.jpg

Last edited:

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
I have an Apexi ATS, that opens up nice when you stick your foot down.. Looked into the exhanust control valve and read some threads about it sticking...

subzero

Reaction score
have seen one working and its defo on my list to buy soon. opens up as normal , but huge difference when closed if ya get pulled over.

Reaction score
thats wat i like about if the cops pull u over or there is a check point just pull the lever close the valve and the gardai cant say much drive around the corner open the valve seems to me thats its the best way in terms of noise control. even if they stick they would be really easy to take it out and have a look at wd40 away u go.The worst thing about apexi ats is it is spring loaded and will open if throttle is pressed enough ie garda seats in to ur car and revs it.

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
thats wat i like about if the cops pull u over or there is a check point just pull the lever close the valve and the gardai cant say much drive around the corner open the valve seems to me thats its the best way in terms of noise control. even if they stick they would be really easy to take it out and have a look at wd40 away u go.The worst thing about apexi ats is it is spring loaded and will open if throttle is pressed enough ie garda seats in to ur car and revs it.
I see what you mean, however unless you were unlucky enough to be ragging it past a copper then with the ATS you wouldnt get stopped in the first place..:) Also if you rev the throttle on idle there generally isn't enough pressure to open the spring fully.. It opens under load nicely though! :D

Reaction score
hmm must check the ats out maybe some videos on youtube. cheers:thumbs: