What's new

Are the indicators on the left stalk on S15s?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Because the Japs, Aussies and Kiwis put them on the correct side. They got changed over on the S14/a in Europe to meet Euro standards, i.e. LHD.

Indicators on the right are ergonomically correct for a RHD car. Quickest example is changing gear. Left hand on gearshift, right hand on steering wheel, need to indicate whilst changing gears, flick stalk without moving right hand off steering wheel.

Now consider the same process, but with the stalk on the left...

Once you start driving the S15, you'll wonder why the feck we Brits have to put up with the stalk on the left...

Reaction score
If the Japs, Aussies etc put them on the right, then why are they on the left on his S15? :confused:

S

S15_silvia_

Nicely said:
Because the Japs, Aussies and Kiwis put them on the correct side. They got changed over on the S14/a in Europe to meet Euro standards, i.e. LHD.

Indicators on the right are ergonomically correct for a RHD car. Quickest example is changing gear. Left hand on gearshift, right hand on steering wheel, need to indicate whilst changing gears, flick stalk without moving right hand off steering wheel.

Now consider the same process, but with the stalk on the left...

Once you start driving the S15, you'll wonder why the feck we Brits have to put up with the stalk on the left...

so very true nicely!!!!

my starlet gt has them on the right (being jap) and now when i drive my sportka or my dads tdi/focus rs i cant stand it being on the left...always keep ur hand on the gear knob ready to change up/down..quality

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Upon closer inspection of FAST, it would APPEAR that there are left and right stalk variations for the indicator and wiper stalks...

If you PM me your chassis number, I can confirm this.