What's new

Are these optional headlights or aftermarket?

jp

Reaction score
Website
www.sxoc.com
Country
I've seen these silver-backed/clear headlights on only a few S15s & am wondering were they an optional extra or are they an aftermarket buy?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Can't see the pic...

EDIT: ah, can now.

There are a few different types listed, so its possible they are OEM, but couldn't say 100%. Almost certainly there are aftermarket variations in Japan.

Reaction score
Country
Cant see the picture but the silver backed sounds like autech headlights. very rare and only available to autech s15s

jp

Reaction score
Website
www.sxoc.com
Country
Thanks for that Nicely! ;) Any confirmations whether these are indeed aftermarket or not?? :confused: Figured this'd be the place to find out! ;)

D

dns15

u can DYI it
the headlight cover is glued together put it in a oven then u can take it off and spray the inside whatever colour u like
origianlly black housing still looks the best to me tho

jp

Reaction score
Website
www.sxoc.com
Country
To be honest, I'd rather buy them as a set cause trying to do that would be pretty hard to do in terms of getting reflective material! Do you know of any threads that describe in detail how to do it though?

B

baynz

a friend of mine has the silver backing on his s14 with the s15 front end.

jp

Reaction score
Website
www.sxoc.com
Country
Can you ask him were they aftermarket, did he make them himself or were they an optional extra that he got from a crashed S15? (Presuming that's where he got the panels for the strawberry face..?)

S

sillbeers15

The silver background headlights were originally found on black color cars that came out of Nissan factory while other colored cars get black background. If you see any other color than silver and black....it would be either a reworked piece (such as on Taniguchi's S15 that has red background) or an aftermarket piece which I've never seen.

jp

Reaction score
Website
www.sxoc.com
Country
Sound! ;) Thanks for clearing that up sillbeer! By the way, is "Autech" just like "vRS" is to Skodas or "GTi" is to Golfs? Like the uber-spec of S15s?

S

sillbeers15

Yes, Autech is the specially tuned Nissan cars in JDM only.

Unfortunately, for S15 it only provides for NA cars but not the turbocharged SRs.

Reaction score
i was told they are the glass headlights? the black are plastic? dont know if this is true but could make some sense?