What's new

Are usa s15 headlights the same as the Uk in regards to beam pattern?

Reaction score
Hi guys as above, do countried who drive on the rhd side of the road have different lights to us or do they have to put those beam corrector stickers on their lights?

I've smashed my s15 n/s/f light and i can get one from lithuania/america but i wasn't sure if the beam pattern would be correct (they both drive on the left).

Anyone know?

Thanks

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I don't think Nissan made LHD headlights as they didn't sell the car in any LHD countries..? If they have adapted properly for LHD, the modifications will be internal.

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
As Craig said dude ,USA drive on the right so the beam patteren is different might want to check Yahoo JP Auctions?

Last edited:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i agree with craig, s15's were never made to be used in a lhd market so all headlamps should be set up for rhd unless they have been modified :)

Reaction score
awesome cheers guys, that opens up a few more places to get lamps from. So far the cheapest i have found is £290 brand new for one plus delivery or £280 for a second hand one :(

i'm sure i found one website selling them for £190 but cant seem to find it again

Larsz

Reaction score
Country
In the Netherlands we drive on the right side as well, and I needed to bring the car to a mechanic to adjust the inside of the headlight in order to have the correct beam pattern.
With adjusting using the bolt you can only get so far and probably wont portray an patern that works..

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
As said ^^

1. There are no S15 LHD headlights unless you buy special after-market versions (see ClearCorners).
2. It will almost certainly be a requirement that any RHD car has to have its headlight beam pattern changed to conform with LHD country vehicle regulations. When I brought the Surf to Finland, I had to fit LHD lights before it could be registered (the fog light had to also be moved to the left side). In the case of the S15, this means butchering the insides of the light.