What's new

Battery issues

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Been having problems with my car's battery,mainly because i was not driving the car very much over the winter period,it seemed to be loosing it's charge after 3-4 days of not being driven ,but now it does not have enough cold crank power to start her up.
I am looking into gettin a fmic in the near future and have read on here that you need a different size/type battery to fit certain fmic's,so before i go to get my new battery just wondered if anyone had any suggestions as to the type of battery i need to get,as i doubt halfords or somewhere like that will have a s15 battery as such,details of a suitable replacement would be much appreciated cheers guys.

Reaction score
I have that tayna battery as well and never had a problem with it! left it for more than 2 weeks with the snow etc. and it was fine! :thumbs:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i think after the first time i left the car sat a few weeks it flattened completely and only lasts about a week and a half now so i just trickle charge it :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
cheers for the info mate,will defo look into one of these ,and have already been looking into the optimate look like a good solution if you don't use the car day to day ,to keep the battery in good condition

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Hi ,guys got battery today was just wondering if any of you could point me towards a guide of how to fit it as i noticed that you have mounted your batteries side on in the original battery compartment,any help would be much appreciated cheers guys

Reaction score
Its been a while since I did mine but all you need to do is make a mounting bracket, or I you can buy one.... Darren_S15 has one, not sure where he got it from though. Then bolt it to the battery tray in the right possition (nut the otherside of the battery tray) I used a rivot nut. The cable should be more than enough length to get to both terminals.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
just get a battery relocation kit and put it in the boot. better weight distribution as well