What's new

best oil?

Reaction score
Country
hi, whats the best engine oil to use on a s15, spec r?

reason being is everyone i speak to at a shop doesnt know lol.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Silkoline Pro-S is a popular choice.

Jay

Reaction score
+1 for silkolene/fuchs titan pro s 5w40. use this every time and it has always performed.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I use royal purple 10w-50, but it all depends on your conditions and how you use the car.

Reaction score
Country
doubt its the best you can get oil but Valvoline VR-1 10w-40 its only a synthetic enhanced, but its has got all the protection additives that a engine needs which gets revved alot, the kind of additives that alot of expensive full synthetics ones don't have, it just wont last as long as a full synthetic, since i change every 3000ks it doesn't matter. and being a synthetic enhanced its cheaper then full synthetic.

Reaction score
Country
second that, there's nothing special about castrol edge compared to any other good oil. They just sponsor alot of cars and car people so they have to talk it up. I used to work with a guy whos brother builds 8sec rotors, castrol pay him about 40K a year providing he puts castrol edge on his cars and wears the t-shirts & caps and does promo work for them.

http://www.curranbrothersracing.co.nz/

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
just for your info - castrol edge 5w40 is a good choice - i have started using it but have used fuchs/silkolene pro s and millers cfs 5w40 - you cant really go wrong with any of those. reason i switched is asda now sell a 4ltr carton of castrol edge 5w40 for 30-00, which is an absolute bargain ;)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
normally oil and filter change uses up to 3.5 litres max - there's always plenty left in a 4ltr carton afterwards ;)