Boost Issue

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Guys, Looking for a bit of input:

I fitted a new rad a while ago and tried to tap into the cable from my Profec B controller to solenoid, but i knackered the wire. Since then the car has boosted slowely to around 0.7bar.

I changed the wire, which made no difference, so i tried another control unit, again no difference, so i then replaced the solenoid, Yip you guessed it, no difference.

When this first happened, i was on my way to Knockhill for the Drifting, so i called a fellow SXOC'r who let me borrow a manual boost controller, which let the boost spool up as quick as before and over 1+bar (mapped for 1.2).

Discuss :D

M

Matt_S

Why were you trying to tap into the Boost COntroller wiring?

You may well have blown an internal circuit on the BC with too much load :wack:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Why were you trying to tap into the Boost COntroller wiring?

You may well have blown an internal circuit on the BC with too much load :wack:
But he tried with another controll unit and solenoid? Wouldn't that resolve the issue?

I'm thinking wiring as you changed all the other bits without any luck.

Did you change the whole wire or just a bit of it? Do the wires run together in a pack?

I'm thinking that the added current might have overheated the wires to the point of melting. Either the copper wire itself or the protective plastic around it making it ground against something. If the wiring is in a harness, the heat might have effected other wires in the harness.

You could try measuring the current in the wires at the BC controller and see if the current makes it all the way.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
The whole wire between the controller and the solenoid has been replaced, including connection etc. Yes i have tried another control unit, but made no difference.

I'll break open the multimeter and see what i can find.