What's new

boost issue!!

Reaction score
hi guys, ive had my car on the road for just over a week now!! the car is great but it doesnt seem like its boosting right! it revs right through the rev range but its only hitting 0.5 bar on the guage, and i can feel the car, sort of hesitating. it did boost at 0.7 bar for a few days but was a bit intermitent.. at really high revs it sounded and felt a bit like a missfire but was hard to tell.

i have read some other posts but didnt really seem same problems as mine, as its revving right round and is boosting, just not right!! i have tightened all the hose clips on the intercooler pipes etc but cant see anything broken or loose..

if anyone has any ideas i woild be very gratefull

thanks

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Stock turbo only goes to between 0.5bar and 0.7 depending on your gauge and turbo but inbetween that is about right,
best bet is if you havent already do a full service on the car, Oil Air & Plugs that way you know what is in it is right if its not hitting a wall at say 5000rpm and has only happened every now and then it could be hard to tell aswell as if you have tightened all the hoses up,

Reaction score
Cheers I plan on servicing it this week! The car just doesn't seem right and is hard to explain!? When the gauge was reading 0.7 it was a totally different car, and now jus feels as though it's holding back

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I could possibly be an old and tired actuator that is struggling to get to and hold max boost for stock turbo... but I'd look into this only after you've exhausted all other areas as others suggest: plugs, air filter, oil service etc...

Do you have BOV as sometimes older units can be prone to leaking at high boost??

Reaction score
I could possibly be an old and tired actuator that is struggling to get to and hold max boost for stock turbo... but I'd look into this only after you've exhausted all other areas as others suggest: plugs, air filter, oil service etc...

Do you have BOV as sometimes older units can be prone to leaking at high boost??
I have just put a hks ssqv on it and it's not recirced yet as waiting for some pipe, but the problem was the same before I fitted it!!

Reaction score
hi guys just an update!! i have changed my spark plugs to ngk iridiums heat range 7 and my car still has like a missfire at high revs!! it seems like its boosting ok at between 0.5-0.7 bar but the car really hesitates above 5-6000 rpm, it will rev through it but does not like it at all.... is it coilpacks or could it be something else??

any help appreciated

Jay

Reaction score
afm been checked? spray some brake cleaner on the element and refit, they are prone to collecting crud and not reading correctly....

Reaction score
afm been checked? spray some brake cleaner on the element and refit, they are prone to collecting crud and not reading correctly....
cheers for the reply mate!! no havent checked that yet, will do that next.. i was also thinking if it maybe a fueling issue maybe time to put in a 255 walbro as going to for future mods anyway. if not then gonna have fork out for some coil packs and see if it fixes problem as seems to be getting worse!!

Reaction score
Cracked intercooler pipes? Do a proper boost leak down. Instruction can be found on sxoc
i have checked intercooler pipes, except the actual wing mount and connecting pipes, so they will be next!! the more mechanics i speak to, they seem to think it must be coilpacks as its boosting ok now at about 0.7bar, even wen the car is missfiring... its really intermittent as well sometimes its bad and other times the car is great and revs right round to 7000rpm