What's new

Boost

Reaction score
Picked up my S just over a week ago. Amazing car but need to confirm something. Car currently has a HKS filter and exhaust. On idle, the boost gauge sits an -5. Pedal to the metal, best I get is .55. Is this right? If theres a crack in the WMIC pipes, is it better to replace the unit with an FMIC or just replaces the pipes bearing in mind that id rather not spend a lot right now.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Boost seems to be a little low.

Hmm, Check the vacuum hose which is Tee'd from the top hose comming from the BOV to the boost sender. It could have split somewhere.
The boost sender should be located on the driver side strut tower.

Reaction score
actually i havent. Is that when peak boost is achieved? I usually shift around 6k purely because im not used to the car yet. If it still doesnt achieve 0.7, any other things i should look out for? I checked the boost sender and it seems fine. Pablo warned me about them but i dont see any cracks.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
try driving it over 5.5k revs with the gas down it should get to 0.7bar.....cuz its normally 3.5k u get 0.55 boost then 5.5k u get 0.7bar boost seee if that works buddy u will be fine with the over that boost iam sure u can handle thats hehehe:thumbs:

Reaction score
well you guys were right!! At high revs, boost peaked at just under 0.8. After reading through past threads, seems this is fine.