What's new

BOV / Recirc set up

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Right lads, Im in need of some information here please. I will be working this saturday all day on the car with a few mates of mine and i need to get some info cleared up before we start work.

When i first got my 15 it made the "Pigeon" noise. It had a Blitz BOV attached to the hotpipe (Im pressuming the hotpipe side is the pass side of the car right?) Which was all through a WMIC and Apexi filter. On a closer look the OEM BOV was attached to the Blitz BOV.

I Since then, Removed the OEM BOV and fitted the FMIC along with the Blitz BOV where the OEM BOV 'WAS'.. Where the intake is (Apexi filter) which is now replaced with an ARC box i have plugged that.

On spool up its making the noise of the Blitz BOV however its terrible and i want the noise of the pigeon back. Not to mention on heavy load she was trying to stall. Even AFTER adjusting the Blitz up top.

On the Intake side of the FMIC pipe there is a seperate pipe which is where the Blitz is attached to.

So..... How do i bin this Blitz BOV and get my pigeon back WITHOUT using the OEM BOV?

Thanks..

T

Trepidge

i got this flutter with a hks ssq attached to the fmic piping on the driver side, then recirculated back into the intake pipe, im using a apexi pod tho

S

StarletRick

if its releasing while spooling, you have a problem, either it isnt plumbed in properly (it has to have a vac line fitted after the throttle body) or the spring isnt wound up enough.

if you want rid of it and want the compressor stall back, just take the blitz unit off, and block the hole up nice and tight, so the charged air cant go anywhere except back out the turbo.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
yeh thats what i need to do i think. No its not releasing while spooling, however.. If you put full throttle on then let go the engine will try stall when there is no RPM

Reaction score
remove them all completely and you'll get pidgeon noise.

compressor stall.... you loose it when you fit BOV's and reduce it when you have re-circ' because the air instead of getting "chopped up" by the turbo is expelled out the valve. :)

N

nices15man

search for my tread called 'exhaust pop and bad idle'.. should be what your lookin for i think!

Reaction score
Mint im running a Blitz DD dump and I have the pigeon noise at low revs and both pigeon and atmospheric dump at higher revs, I will try get a recording of it and a pic of the way its connected if you want:D

K

krisrt

Mint im running a Blitz DD dump and I have the pigeon noise at low revs and both pigeon and atmospheric dump at higher revs, I will try get a recording of it and a pic of the way its connected if you want:D
do you have the problem that people describe with attmospheric dump valves, over fueling or staling? or do you have the hks eid fitted?

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
Mines the same apart from I'm using a HKS SSQ :D

kirsrt - i get no problems at all, it runs fine and idles fine :thumbs:

Reaction score
do you have the problem that people describe with attmospheric dump valves, over fueling or staling? or do you have the hks eid fitted?
I think it may overfuel a bit but Im not sure, I dont get backfires or flames out the exhaust like some do, and it idles fine and defo no stalling,no jerkiness between gear changes either as some do have that problem and it accelerates very well too well sometimes and spins up the rears:D. I get about 23mpg round town and 28-29 on a run so not too bad really. Only things HKS are the plugs,air filter and exhaust nothing else like an eid fitted.

K

krisrt

I think it may overfuel a bit but Im not sure, I dont get backfires or flames out the exhaust like some do, and it idles fine and defo no stalling,no jerkiness between gear changes either as some do have that problem and it accelerates very well too well sometimes and spins up the rears:D. I get about 23mpg round town and 28-29 on a run so not too bad really. Only things HKS are the plugs,air filter and exhaust nothing else like an eid fitted.
by the sounds of things theres a few ways and postions the blow off valve can be fitted can you post up where urs is so that myself and other people know where the best place is if ur not having any issues.

could you also kimi (so we can cancel out any alternatives if ur both setup the same)

cheers

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
by the sounds of things theres a few ways and postions the blow off valve can be fitted can you post up where urs is so that myself and other people know where the best place is if ur not having any issues.

could you also kimi (so we can cancel out any alternatives if ur both setup the same)

cheers
heres where mine is

N

nices15man

thats the same spot mine is.. same intercooler too.. only difference is ive got a greddy type rs bov but surely that wouldnt make any difference..and mine pops flat out and apparantly blows mad blue flames nearly every gear change when im givin it stick......daanngg

N

nices15man

hey just to let everyone know, i pulled the stock recirc piping out today and it runs sooooo much better! i originally just blocked it off at the end that connected to the stock bov, but i pulled all that off and plugged it off on the main intake pipe and it doesnt try to stall anymore!!! and idles and runs alot better.. haha dunno if im the only one not to pull the piping off but i thought id post it up anyway!

hope it helps some of us

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
seems like the standard valve must have been leaking then:)

Reaction score

Thats a few pics of mine I know it needs a clean but I aint got the time:wack:
Have a 90 degree elbow from the cold pipe to the BOV pics 3 & 4