What's new

FS: Brand New 17" Work XD9's

Reaction score
Some of you may know that i bought these just two weeks ago and they stick out on the front by approximately 1.5cm. Well I decided against running camber so im just going to order myself two more that sit further in. They sit perfectly on the rear so if anyone is after 17" Work XD9s now or in the future, these are perfect as you'll only need to buy the fronts. Im placing my order tomorrow and since theyre charging me exactly the same to ship two wheels as apposed to four (no idea why), you could go halves with me on shipping and order the fronts too. This would cost you ?350 only (includes shipping). Im selling mine for ?250 so you will have brand new XD9s for just ?600!!! If you want me to wait a few days, I can but serious applicants only pls.

M

Matt_S

What tyres are you running to make them stick out so far? :eek:
They should be a little bit sticky outty, but not OTT like you describe.

Reaction score
215x40. These are stretched on 8.5J rims and I know I could make these fit but I just cant be bothered. It means I need to lower my car, mess around with camber, and I really dont want to do that. They only stick out by that much because the car needs to be lowered. I could stick more than a fistful between the arch and tyre with these on.

Reaction score
I still dont understand how they stick out?! Its seems impossible?!
As for negitive camber... you should be running some anyway especially if your lowering it... better handling!!!

Before you get hasty with the sale... why not buy two more 17x8.5 +25
Wrap them in rubber then sell them as a package on ebay for what you payed for them... someone will pay for it!

Goodluck!

Reaction score
Well I really dont think anyones going to buy them as im already struggling to sell my Prodrives which are mega light, rare, in excellent condition AND made by RAYS!! So I just dont see anyone buying the XD9's.

Reaction score
Country
Shady
dont go impulse buying just yet mate....
different offset wont help your problem mate.
make sure you've got room between you wheel and strut. as the offset you have now should only just clear it. too big of a offset its gonna rub then you need spaces and its back to step one again.

Reaction score
Country
if you really want 17s to fit with no hassle arch mods spacers go for 17x8 +32 that wat im running and is perfect. just clears the struct too.

Reaction score
Hey dude. Thanks for the advice but I already measured the wheel clearance and the new ones will fit. Ive now spent all my bonus on this silly mistake!!

Also, I was going to post earlier that I took the 17s to have the tyres removed and the place guaranteed that they wont damage the wheels hence why I paid a little extra. Low and behold, they damaged them as theres now a scrape about an inch long on the edge of the rim. I saw the guy drop the wheel on the machine but they said that the surface is rubber and wont damage it. They checked the vid and since its only 1fps, its not possible to see it clearly however they're convinced the scrape was there before when I know for a fact it wasn't. I also saw on the video that the guy was going really hard at it with a crow bar to remove the tire so this may have also caused the damage. Im not sure what to do now as I feel im going to take a hit no matter what I do. Kinda feel like giving up.

Reaction score
I already have Teins. I lowered the car and ran some camber and they do tuck in at the top however I just dont like that look. A lot of people run the same sort of setup with the wheels sticking out a tiny bit to make it look more aggressive and wide but its not to my liking. I know you're also running XD9's so if you want mine for cheap, I aint gonna complain. I just want rid as ive accepted that ive lost that money.

Reaction score
Id love to take them off your hands... if they were 18's having enough trouble filling my arches with 18x10 et18 :(

Free bump!!!