What's new

WTB: Broken 6 speed gearbox

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Internal condition is not a big worry as long as the casing is good. Looking for a complete and assembled box as I want to learn a bit while dismantling and rebuild with an aftermarket gearset.

:)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Cheers for the PM Saqi, just replying now.

Haha, I like it mate! Well I've got enough parts at home to open a shop I think! The gearset is going to cost about £2500 but it looks immense. I've been e-mailing the company in Australia and he has been giving me details. I'm tempted to go for a straight cut setup as it is mere efficient and virtually eliminates axial loads on the shafts. The Helical setup runs reduced angle helix's which reduces axial shaft loads too, but i love the noise of straight cut gears. Obviously it would get a bit tiresome in a daily driver but with the amount I use the S15 it really wouldn't bother me at all. :D

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Jez I was thinking same thing too :) I think I was quoted much more for PPG entry dog gearset £3k plus IIRC but maybe this is Apex Performance charging a markup rather than dealing direct like yourself.

So basically it's a 6 speed gearset that fits in the S15 box? Or a 5 speed set that re-uses the stock 6th gear??

Once you've done this I'd happily source another S15 box, buy the same gearset and pay you to help me build up this box. Even though mines a daily driver I'd love the straight cut (cos I'm mad like that haha) and I gotta get the least amount of transmission loss otherwise won't see this as a worthy exercise :D

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
PPG gearset ?...awesome :)
No, not PPG. I was thinking of one of these but have not fully decided yet but have lots of time to choose.

http://www.par-engineering.com/sect...aspx?typeId=gearsets&manId=nissan&sectionId=7

They are rated to 650bhp and come with a 12-month warranty.

Want to arrange a swap Craig? Lol
Not just yet mate unfortunatly. I've not messed about with gearboxes much before so this will be a learning process that may go wrong! If all goes to plan I'll hav 2 standard boxes for sale though, but not for a while yet.

So basically it's a 6 speed gearset that fits in the S15 box? Or a 5 speed set that re-uses the stock 6th gear??

Once you've done this I'd happily source another S15 box, buy the same gearset and pay you to help me build up this box.
No need to pay me, I'll do mates rates! :)

The 6th gear is stated as optional on the website so I assume it is at extra cost. I'll definatly get it though and shorten the ratio slightly so it isnt such a big drop from 5th to 6th.

S

saqi

this gear box will end up costing in the region of £4-5K as you would need to pay the GST which is vat equivalant and pay the uk VAT And duty and also the shipping cost.... correct me if am wrong..

cheers

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I don't think you have to pay GST if the item is being purchased internationally..?

But yeah, there will be shipping and UK tax to pay on top. I'll try to reduce this as much as possible though.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Still looking for a box if anybody has one :)

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
pay me the shipping and I will deliver it ;)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Haha, sounds like a deal :)

Do you know anything about the GST rules in Aus? Would I have to pay it as I'd be having them sent outside the country?

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I don't believe you pay the GST

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Phew, that good news then! :)