What's new

Calling all slammed S15s on 18s! Tyre advice needed!

Reaction score
Country
Hi guys!
Trying to get my s15 as low as possible but having some tyre clearance issues on the front..
Currently running 18x9.5 et18 7twenty Style 49s with 225/40/18 tyres.
I've had the front arches rolled and slightly pulled however the tyres are scrubbing on the inner arches quite badly (on lock) and it's still not as low as I want it.
So what tyres are people running on 18s to get as low as possible with minimal scrubbing? A few people have advised me to drop down to a 215/40 but I'm not sure if that would make enough difference. However I've been told that 215/35s would probably be too small? Maybe a 225/35?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I don't really want to spend loads of money on new tyres until I'm sure they will be the right ones.
This is how the car sits at the moment with a 25mm spacer on the front. Will probably drop the spacer down to a 20/15mm with the new tyres.

Last edited:

CMR

Reaction score
Country
You should definitely be running 40 profile on 18's, as 45 profile is what should be on 17's so that definitely won't be helping matters.

Put some 215/40's on, and if it still rubs put some paint on the inner tyre wall go for a drive, come back jack it up and beat wherever the paint has rubbed with a hammer. Rinse repeat until it doesn't rub.

There's no easy way to get 9.5j wheels in the front of an s15 without a big hammer unfortunately.

Reaction score
Country
You should definitely be running 40 profile on 18's, as 45 profile is what should be on 17's so that definitely won't be helping matters.

Put some 215/40's on, and if it still rubs put some paint on the inner tyre wall go for a drive, come back jack it up and beat wherever the paint has rubbed with a hammer. Rinse repeat until it doesn't rub.

There's no easy way to get 9.5j wheels in the front of an s15 without a big hammer unfortunately.
Sorry, that was a typo, I have 225/40s on it at the moment.
I had the same issue with my old s13 and i just beat it with a hammer until it stopped scrubbing. But I was hoping not to take a hammer to my 15
Thanks for the info though, I may have to find my big hammer..

Reaction score
Country
subscribing to thread, ill be running the same on mine and had wondered if 9.5 would fit.

can i ask what offset are your wheels?

Reaction score
Country
subscribing to thread, ill be running the same on mine and had wondered if 9.5 would fit.

can i ask what offset are your wheels?
They are 18 x 9.5j et 18.
They fit fine with the arches rolled. I'm only having issues due to wanting it as low and wide as possible haha!

Reaction score
Have you moved your loom in the front arch?

I ran my car low on 17's for a few years, i rubbed through the arch liner and started to scuff teh surface of the loom, luckily i caught it before it was an issue.

On a side note is that an integra front lip?

Reaction score
Country
Have you moved your loom in the front arch?

I ran my car low on 17's for a few years, i rubbed through the arch liner and started to scuff teh surface of the loom, luckily i caught it before it was an issue.

On a side note is that an integra front lip?
Yeah, tucking the loom was one of the first things I did haha! Had too many mates with that issue on s bodies!
The lip is just a universal 'rhino' lip off eBay. It looks alright in photos but not the best in person haha! On the hunt for an Integra lip to replace it with

Fry

Reaction score
Country
I was running a 225/35/18 on the front of my S14 for a bit on a 9.5j wheel. Was ok, definitely made the ride harsher.
If you go down to a 35 profile just watch out for potholes!

Reaction score
I ran a 225/40, although on a 9j et 20, and it rubbed like yours on full lock. I dropped down to a 225/35 and the rubbing disappeared.

Reaction score
Country
Little update incase anyone has a similar query in the future. A mate had some 215/35/18s kicking about so thought I'd try them on. The stretch is a little obscene however it's allowed me to drop the front suspension another inch and I now have no clearance/scrubbing issues whatsoever.
225/35s would probably be just as good with a little less stretch but these will do for now.