What's new

Car Mapping

Reaction score
Country
I should be getting my car back today, the latest by Monday. Since I had the head skimmed and a new head gasket put on (not sure if it's smaller or larger than the old one), it would be a good idea to get my car remapped. I have an Apexi Power Fc, so essentially I could map it myself, but with the lack of knowledge that I have, I would probably end up doing more damage then good. Anyone know of any good mappers near the Brandon, Suffolk area?

Any ideas on how much a mapping cost?

Reaction score
You're pretty much in between Martin Battye (mb automotive) and Gary at APT, both are good mappers. Martin live maps the car, so all road driving and Gary will do It on the rollers for you and do some logging on the road after. £250 to £300 I'd say, from past costs.

Reaction score
Country
Yeah, that's about what I've been told is the going rate. Too expensive for me right now. I've already spent over £1700 on the car since I purchased it. I'm going to have to try and learn how to do some mapping on my own. The car shouldn't need too much since only the head gasket was changed. I was told to watch the knock values and adjust if they are too high.

Reaction score
Country
I've heard that guy at md automotive is abit of a arrogant prick.

Id travel further and go to Greg at pro tuner. Top bloke and I was 18hours as he didn't want me to go until my car was running perfect lol. Didn't even charge me anything extra

Reaction score
Martin knows what he's talking about and just tells It how it is, some people don't like that. There's also good reason why he maps a lot of the competition drifters cars over on Driftworks. Martin spent 8 hours doing my car a didn't charge any extra either.

Reaction score
It's far better to map a car in real life conditions than on a rolling road because rollers can't replicate the same conditions, like airflow, air temp and load. That's also why after a car has been mapped on a set of rollers you'll take it onto the road for logging and correct any parts that need a changing in the map.

Jay

Reaction score
i would recommend martin battye as well, and yes he is arrogant. BUT he knows his stuff, and unlike some tuners, wont map the car for power figures, but maps for where the car is most suited. he did mine 2 years ago, and i have still the same map and still running spot on with no breakdowns at all in that time.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
Martin doesn't sugar coat anything, he will tell you what he thinks in the bluntest way possible but is a good guy and a very good mapper. So far he has mapped my s13 drift car, my weekend s15 and my boyfriends skyline. All 3 were live mapped according to The driving style and I haven't found a fault With his work yet. His arrogance drives me nuts but he's a good guy if you have a chat with him and will do the job well.