What's new

car skipping after 4 wheel alignemnt

Reaction score
Hi, i got the car 4 wheel aligned yesterday to make sure everything was straight. The camber was also adjusted on the front from 3deg to 1.7deg the reason being that it was slightly agressive for road use. Ok so the problem is that when i hit a few bumps yesterday it felt like the rear of the car skips to the left or to the right. My first though was that it could be the rear suspension is set to stiff. Has anyone got any ideas..?

O

oilrag22

Did they give you the 4 wheel alignment sheet?? if so, shoot it to my e-mail box and i'll have a look, what changes could be causing your problems...

Reaction score
If it didn't happen before go back and get them to check again. It could be (which I've had a few times) that when you check again after a drive the settings aren't as they say on the sheet. I now always insist on a drive around the car park and a re-check. You may well find that the camber left to right isn't equal. :0

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I've had a four wheel alignment done before which left the tracking was so far out that I had to visit a standard tyre place for them to sort it with their manual alignment tool...

D

D BOY

either:)

i have someone to fit my suspension but dont know anyone to do the alignment

Reaction score
I haven't found anyone good. I use a tyre place with 4 wheel laser alignment but pretty much walk them through all the work and free off all the adjusters for them prior.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Micheldever Tyres in Hampshire was the place I got my last alignment done. They are s h i t hot. As you'd expect for a good job, they aren't cheap either. You need to book well in advance and they take a couple of hours. The more adjustable bits you have fitted, the better they like you and the quicker they can do the job. One of the SXOC guys used to work there and he still recommends them having left them ages ago.