What's new

Car will not start.

J

just_laze

Hello,

The engine turns over in a healthy manner (i.e. battery is fine), but there appears to be no spark. What's confusing is i had already driven the car on the day it first failed to start. A journey where i'd stopped and started it several times.

I have a Sigma alarm system and i have my suspicions that the car is immobilised even though on the surface the alarm system seems to be working as normal.

As another area of investigation i've considered resetting the ECU but i wouldn't know:

A. Where to find it.
B. How to do it.

I'm looking for replies from members who've experienced a similar situation to the above and know a 'quick-fix' or can some guidance on resetting my ECU.

Thanks.

laze.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Resetting the ECU - switch lights on for a couple of second with no keys in the ignition, then off..... at least i think that how you do it :)

As for not starting, if its not your alarm, could it be your coilpack?

J

just_laze

Hi,

I checked each individual coilpack, i doubt all 3 have failed?

Anyway, to cut a long story short, i called the AA, my fuel pump has ceased :-(.

Should i buy an uprated pump? Or get a standard nissan replacement? Please advise as i'd like to see the positive side of this, maybe as an opportunity for an upgrade.

laze.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
just_laze said:
Hi,

I checked each individual coilpack, i doubt all 3 have failed?

Anyway, to cut a long story short, i called the AA, my fuel pump has ceased :-(.

Should i buy an uprated pump? Or get a standard nissan replacement? Please advise as i'd like to see the positive side of this, maybe as an opportunity for an upgrade.

laze.
Been running with low fuel?

Get a Walbro pump. They're cheap and pumps more gasoline compared to stock.
cost is under ?100 so they aren't that expensive.

easy fitment too. plug n play :)
nicely has a fitment guide on his website.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
:nod: Walbro is a cheap and favourite choice. Performs well too :thumbs:

For the record, if you don't have access to Consult software, the way to reset the ECU is to disconnect the battery, turn you lights on to remove residual charge, then reconnect.

J

just_laze

Hello,

Thank you for all your replies, i've ordered a walbro, Nissan want to charge me ?246 to fit it...

laze.

S

S15R

I ve this problem with my jap spec S15, it wasnt firing and the spark plugs fixed it :D

J

just_laze

Hi Nicely,

Could you please provide me with a rough estimate of how long it would take to replace the fuel pump of an S15 for both an experienced and not so experienced person?

Thanks.

laze.

J

just_laze

Hello,

I have my car back now, all running fine.

I managed to get the price down to ?82 (labour) in the end which I was happy with (originally quoted ?246).

Thanks for everyone's feedback.

laze.