What's new

Carbon Fiber Cigarette Lighter Plug Cover!

Reaction score
Country
Well, i'm sure most of you know my love for carbon fibre. And one day, I will have a carbon fibre clad house. However, in the meantime, i'm going to be creating some universal cigarette lighter socket covers, made of 100% carbon fibre. mmmm. sexy. It'll just be a cover, like i said, it wont be a lighter. If people so wish, It can be a plain cover, OR I could put a small silvia 'lightning bolt S' embossed into the top of it :)

Just gauging interest at the moment, and wont be in production for a few weeks, again depending on interest.

Price is expected to be between £5 - £10.
Obviously the more people are interested, the cheaper they are.

Let me know what you think! Or also any other small items you want making up and i'll look into it (might need donor parts to make moulds from)

Cheers
Jase

Reaction score
Country
Jase, do you know where I can get a carbon fibre stereo surround?

Reaction score
Country
No photos yet as there are none (as far as I've looked) for sale anywhere, and I haven't made the prototype yet. Hopefully it'll be done within a few weeks depending on how busy I am with work.

Just imagine a cig lighter plug, but solid carbon fibre 2/2 twill pattern. Mmmm. Depending on how these turn out depends if I decide to get some other items made up ie iPhone cases that are actual cf and not just stickers..

Any pics? I'm interested...

Reaction score
Country
sorry to hijack but i have the carbon surround that ep sell and if anyone wants to px it for a stock item i would would cash my way

Reaction score
Country
sorry guys, these will not be put into production :(

as much as i'd love to make one, and have one in my car.. theyre too small to get the weave sat right, and because of their enclosed shape, the moulds would have to be pealed away from each one which would inevitably damage the mould. :(

Sorry.

However, i'm going to be making other parts still. I'm currently making an iPhone 4/4S case, again 100% CF, no plastic, no fibreglass.
I'll post back with results tomorrow hopefully :)

Reaction score
Country
However, i'm going to be making other parts still. I'm currently making an iPhone 4/4S case, again 100% CF, no plastic, no fibreglass.
I'll post back with results tomorrow hopefully :)
Would you be looking to do a 5 case?

Reaction score
Country
if the demand is economically viable, then i'll make whatever i can make ;)

i'll see how these iphone 4 cases turn out, got the mould being created as we speak.

i'd say for a phone case, if someone provides me with a case that fits to create a mould from, and the demand is 3+, then yep, i'll make you one. or, the price would be a bit higher if demand was low but you REALLY wanted one. but like i said, i'll get back to you when i see how this one turns out :)