What's new

Changing my rear brakes to R33 gtst, Question ?

Reaction score
Hi,

i have got together all the bits i need for this conversion i think.

Discs + calipers
Handbrake assembly
R33 handbrake cables
and r33 rear hoses

So the question is after looking at nicely's guide you need a hub puller, will this fit on the s15 studs http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UNIVERSAL-HUB...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item439bbaedca

im also changing the to a z32 BMC at the same time... should be doing all this the weekend coming.

i have already got some r33 brembos on the front which are pretty awesome, But am looking forward to the benefits of the extra bits aswell..

Reaction score
you don't necessarly need a hub puller infact when i used a hub puller, the hub didn't come off but started splitting the bearing. what i found was the easiest way is to: unscrew the four bolts that hold the hub to the knuckle a few turns. give each one in turn a twat with a hammer may have to go around several time. the hub will start moving out from the knuckle. once the bolts face becomes in contact with the knuckle, unscrew the bolts a further couple of turns a once again hit in turn, repeat until the hub falls away from the knuckle and the only thing holding the hub is the bolts. unscrew the bolts completely and it will come away.

Reaction score
you don't necessarly need a hub puller infact when i used a hub puller, the hub didn't come off but started splitting the bearing. what i found was the easiest way is to: unscrew the four bolts that hold the hub to the knuckle a few turns. give each one in turn a twat with a hammer may have to go around several time. the hub will start moving out from the knuckle. once the bolts face becomes in contact with the knuckle, unscrew the bolts a further couple of turns a once again hit in turn, repeat until the hub falls away from the knuckle and the only thing holding the hub is the bolts. unscrew the bolts completely and it will come away.
Thanks for this, sorry for the late response been off here for a while, goin to swap them over tomro..

had to get the hub out of the skyline knuckles the other day for the backing plate which was a bit of bastad.. hopefully they come off the car a little easier.

going to try in this order:

1.take off the stock rear brakes
2. undo all the suspension arms but leave the bottom ball joint together
3. take the nut off the driveshaft
4. then slip it off driveshaft and let it fall towrds me but to much to put to much stress on the bottom ball joint.
5. then as you say twat them with enough room to give it some welly and cross my fingers

i did wd40 the knuckle/hub part tomight so hopefully it will help a little.