What's new

circuit diagram question

Reaction score
hi there,

the friend who tried to help me with wiring up my rb26 in my s15 dont have time at the moment and now i have to do it myself.

at all its pretty simple wiring the rb26 up into the s15 but i still have a problem.

i want to wiring it up that i can still use my oem tachometer gauge.

if u can read here:
http://media.sxoc.com/contributors/s14faq/RB25-S14_Jan_10.pdf
if i swap a rb25 into a s14 i only have to wiring up the pin for the tachometer.

this would be old pin 7 from the sr20 (s14) ecm to the pin 7 from the rb25 (same as rb26) ecm.
at s15 tachometer thats pin 2.

soo....thats the pin what sending to the tachometer gauge.

but now comes the problem where i need help.....the vehicle speed thowns at the speedometer.

as u read in the rb25 to s14 swap tutorial u have to wiring up old pin 53 (sr20 s14 ecm) to the rb25 (same as rb26) pin 53.
but thats why sr20 is using a vihecle speed sensor. as i saw in the s15 user manual there is an other way of transforming the signal.

the signal from the vihecles speed sensor goes into the abs-control-unit -> combination meter -> pin 32 (s15 ecu).

so would it be a big diffrent and...would it work if i would wiring up old s15 ecm pin 32 to new rb26 pin 53?

what would u say?

for telling it the right way....pin 32 from the s15 ecm goes to F4 Plug pin 14. u can see it at site EC-163 , AT-96

thanks for helping.

another question.... s14 and rb25/rb26 have a clock CLK for data transfering, the s15 ecm dont have something like that. any idea?

the other pins would be clear for me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
this is what i dont understand.....

where the hell is it located? does it send to the combination meter, from there to abs and the ecm oder where?

anyone know something about that VSP = vehicle speed sensor?

Reaction score
if i understand this text right...

The vehicle speed sensor is installed in the transaxle. It contains a
pulse generator which provides a vehicle speed signal to the
speedometer. The speedometer then sends a signal to the ECM.

i could use the gauge without connecting the speed signal to the ecu!?