What's new

Cooling Fans

D

Derek

Basically how many cooling fans have ye in front of radiator? I have only the crankshaft one but noticeed that there is a motor driven one too. So how many has everyone?

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
There should be a big viscous driven one, and a small electric fan for the AC.
That's all I've seen so far :)

D

Derek

yeah the small electric one is new to me.. I d'ont have it on mine. i only have the big white Viscous one.

S

S15R

small electric fan comes standard on JDM Auto S15, but all ADM models have viscous and electric fan, maybe the weather over here? 45deg in the summer ouch..

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
S15R said:
small electric fan comes standard on JDM Auto S15, but all ADM models have viscous and electric fan, maybe the weather over here? 45deg in the summer ouch..
45-degrees and Nissan AUS removed the ACC-controller for a older version on the AUS versions :rotfl:
I think all S15s got the electric fan?
If you're unsure and don't want to open the bonnet. Just switch you're AC on. If the rpm goes up occasionally it should be there somewhere :)

S

S15R

climate control u mean? Nissan AU removed them to reduce cost i think? oh well I can be a climate controller myself :D

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
S15R said:
climate control u mean? Nissan AU removed them to reduce cost i think? oh well I can be a climate controller myself :D
Yeah, that's what I meant :)
strange thing to do considering your climate.
I only have to press "auto" and I'm good to go :D

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I press auto then make sure the AC is off :D (i'm tight and dont like using the AC as it uses more fuel :))

A

Autech_NZ

Topper said:
I press auto then make sure the AC is off :D (i'm tight and dont like using the AC as it uses more fuel :))
although on top gear they did test that theory and putting down your window was much worse than putting the air con on full bore on petrol usage. the air con did bugger all.