What's new

earthing kit

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Hi guys,found this earlier www.groundingkits.co.uk been thinking bout stripping my earth connections and starting with new colour coded wiring,because some of my wires are quite short and seem to be tight with a bit of tension in them. The only other kits I found were double the price,was just wondering if anyone knows whether it is the same kit as the s14 or 14a as these are the only car specific kits they have listed ,if not does anyone know where I could source lengths of earth cable up to this job and how easy it is to replace all the existing wiring in the engine bay? Cheers

Reaction score
Country
I was looking at the site the other day- seen the advert in a Banzai mag. I'd think that the kits would work on any s-body with an SR20; the guy does a kit to cater for people who relocate the battery to the boot too.

As for cables, could you not just use audio earthing cable? Same stuff you would use to earth an amplifier.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i made my own mate, bought a 5m length of 8 gauge audio cable and a pack of crimps from screwfix, then proceeded around the engine bay from the battery, all the way round the bay and back to the battery :) can make up a little drawing if you like......

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Ah that would be good,must confess dean was your car that gave me the idea when I saw your lovely blue cable lol
Was not sure if audio cable would be up to the job ,but I will take your word for it as you know a lot about these sorts of things.
Would be brilliant if you don't mind as I intend to do it soon,quite an easy job?just a bit time consuming I would assume.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
The kits do look pretty good quality but if its just audio cable and god plated fixing I can get that stuff cheap from my av contacts,so would probably be worth doing it myself really.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
well i just used oxygen free copper 8gauge, thats pretty much what you get with these earthing kits anyway, and as i was sceptical about whether they worked i thought i'd do it on the cheap....cant do any harm, some of the places i strapped earths to were reading in the Mohms back to battery negative before......

i'll take a pic and mark the places i earthed on there :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Nice one mate,I am sceptical also as to the difference it makes,just more worried about some of the cables being short and having tension in them would prefer a little bit of slack in them ,and obviously the dress up benefits too!!

Reaction score
Website
www.dnsf.org
Country
I just red a test from finnish car magazine about earthing kits.

They run the car in dyno without the kit and with the kit.
It didn't gain any (not even one) horsepower more than without the kit :D

Some electrical equipments did work smoother but thats all...

I think those kits are almost 99% for cosmetic use.

But atleast I and now you guys have real knowledge about gaining any horses with earthing kit ;)

I

ibizatom

This earthing kit seems a little like the big 3 you would do with a car audio installation.

The 3 cables you would change would be alternator to battery, engine to ground and battery to ground. The thicker the cable the better, so I always recommend 0 gauge.