What's new

EBC fitting..

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
When fitting an EBC do you have to remove or block up this sensor...?

Also what is it/what does it do? I've removed the boost solenoid on the LH strut, but this is on the RH strut.

:)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
BTW, the blue hose is vacum, and the red one is an amp power line, not a hose :)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
what he said^^

i removed the tee piece it comes from and went straight through rather than blocking off the end of that hose. then just unplugged the grey plug and zip tied it back behind the fuse box - then you can throw it in a box and stash it in the garage. you will only lose the factory boost gauge which is useless anyway, especially with a boost hike;)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Cool, cheers for that guys ^^. So is it ok to just leave that as it is then? And it wont be sending any crazy signals to the ECU?!
And with the boost solenois on the LH strut.. is it the same story there, leave the connector unplugged out of the way?

Started fitting my EVC6 today and still trying to get my head around all the settings. It seems like a really good bit of kit but I think it may take a while to get set up exactly how I want it :)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
yes mate remove the solenid or just unplug it and re-organise the boost hoses to the new solenoid. leaving the sensor for the boost gauge wont do anything.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Cool, all sorted now and running perfect, thanks again for the info ^^

:)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Wow - didn't realise you were fitting an EVC 6 mate... it's like the posh bling version of all the boost controllers out there lol :D

I've replaced my stock boost sensor cos I fitted a Defi BF 60mm boost gauge a while back and all the new Defi sensor and vacuum tube locates over the original place. All I had to do as everyone else says was tape up the end of the OEM boost gauge harness (glad that was disconnected - about as accurate as the weather man) and subsequently, when my Gizzmo MS-IBC boost controller was fitted, tee-ed into same 3mm vacuum tube that the gauge uses so the EBC can get the same boost reading as well :)

Have you had a play with the Duty Cycle and Gain settings?? :wack:

Reaction score
they are bad ass controllers! :D loved the look of it when installed. have fun playing with the settings.

i know when i got mine they weren't released in the uk.... struggled like boogery to get english instructions for it! HAHA

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
:) I've been playing a bit already! It looks really nice on the dash, and it isnt even mounted properly yet! I got mine from America so it came with English instructions. I'm yet to wire in the TPS, speed and rev sensors aswel. Not sure if the speed one will work well as my ECU thinks its going a lot slower than it really is thanks to the speedo converter messing with the signals. TPS should be enough on its own though.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
:wack:

Still trying to decide where I'm going to mount the controller permanently. I popped in to see Martin at LittleKnocks on the way back from the remap with Jez today, and he suggested doing away with the cup holders and mounting in underneath the TC controller which seems like the best option. Could make a CF backing plate for them too! hummmm!! :)

Reaction score
Hi craig.
I'm finally getting around to fitting the HKS EVC6 you sold me and have a couple of questions regarding tps, speed and rpm.
Did you ever get round to wiring these three up, and where/what wires did you get the signal from, thanks for the help.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
14 months on and I still haven't got round to doing it mate! Would need to have a look at the ECU wiring guide/diagram to see which wire does which. I do intend to do this soon though so I'll post it u when I get round to it - unless you beat me to it!

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
No, I haven't connected any yet. It still works like a normal EBC though.