What's new

electronic boost control opinions

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Hi guys,
I am gonna be looking for a boost controller soon and was just wondering what controllers people are using and would recommend or avoid,as I don't really know where to start !
Is it worth spending the extra and getting a blitz or hks controller and advice/opinions be much appreciated cheers guys

Reaction score
New hks one is good! the new blitz is crap I just couldnt get on with it, screen is ****e too. Greddy profec b is good for the cash but the latest greddy e01 is a nightmare to set up. Apexi avcr is regarded as the best by most of the local tuners near me and has the added bonus if you have a PFC(which should be your next buy if you dont have one IMO its the best thing I have ever brought ever!!)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Cheers for the info mate have mainly been looking at the apexi avcr and hks evc 6 and evc s too,kinda swinging towards the hks atm as I think the apexi,even though is supposed to be good,looks kinda cheap.

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Country
I've had a Blitz Dual SBC Spec R on two cars now and I love it! Super easy to set up and four different boost settings with just one turn of the knob. Also has outputs for data logging. One of the best in my opinion.

Reaction score
I used to have the GReddy profec b spec 2 and the i have just got the HKS evc6, as you would expect with the price difference the build and quality of the HKS is miles ahead of the Profec. I can't comment on setup and use as I haven't got my car on the road since fitting the HKS.

Reaction score
Country
I have a Greddy profec b spec II. Does all i need it to do without any of the -in my opinion- unnecessary extras that the EVC series and AVCR units have. Its cheapish and is only a quarter din size which is far less bulky than other units so can be fitted anywhere easily. My one is sat on top of the steering column so i can monitor real time boost :)

P

prolex-uk

I sell the Gizzmo range of stuff. The MS-II is quite good. As well as a boost controller it looks after the FCD side of things and also is a turbo timer ..........Not bad for £200 IMHO

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Are the gizzmo any good though? I have seen em new for real good prices and have been tempted as is a bit of a bargain compared to the cost of some other controllers ,but at the same time I want something reliable and hopefully will only ever need to buy one of these so if I pay a bit more in the knowledge I am getting something reliable and good quality,
Was looking at the profec b too as its small could fit it in next to my turbo timer in my din pocket under my stereo,plus has every function I really need without it being too over fussy

Last edited:
P

prolex-uk

I've sold loads of Gizzmo stuff in the last 18 months and had no returns or complaints. I have one fitted to my Track day Soarer as well

P

prolex-uk

Not to my knowledge. Abbey fitted mine and they sell them as well. Can't see them selling tosh TBH

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Country
Are the gizzmo any good though? I have seen em new for real good prices and have been tempted as is a bit of a bargain compared to the cost of some other controllers ,but at the same time I want something reliable and hopefully will only ever need to buy one of these so if I pay a bit more in the knowledge I am getting something reliable and good quality,
Was looking at the profec b too as its small could fit it in next to my turbo timer in my din pocket under my stereo,plus has every function I really need without it being too over fussy
I'm not endorsing Gizmo or putting down any of the other brands but Japanese companies tend to overprice their parts.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
this is true ,and i am also wondering do i really need a complex controller with loads of options?i am the tyoe of person to just set it up and leave it alone lol

P

prolex-uk

I paid over £400 for a HKS one for my Toyota Aristo V300 worked ok but I never ever touched it left it well alone...........If I'd have known about Gizzmo I'd have gone that route and saved the extra dosh for something else.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
That's what am thinking now,as long as it does the job looks clean and quality then I think the extra money could be spent better elsewhere thanks for the info mate

P

prolex-uk

yeah...they are quite small the FCD itself is over £100 from HKS...........

Reaction score
Country
I'm not endorsing Gizmo or putting down any of the other brands but Japanese companies tend to overprice their parts.
Really? This has nothing to do with the strong yen RIGHT? (among other factors)...

Anyways, I had a Blitz SBC ID III spec R in my last car, and I plan to run the same in my next one! It was rather easy to setup, and I never really had to fuss with it after entering my settings. Also a few of the local tuners swear by them (And HKS EVC's).