What's new

Exhaust system, will manifold restrict?

Reaction score
Country
Hi guys,

My car has got an Apexi exhaust straight through from the manifold, but the manifold is still standard. Will it be causing any restrictions?

Ta!

Tom

Reaction score
Country
Even if it does, not worth the hassle with tubular manifolds IMO, they crack all the time even if you get an expensive one.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
It does make a difference for sure , as for them always cracking my stock mani cracked in 3 places and my aftermarket is still going strong after 3+ years ......

Reaction score
Country
It's a turbo :)

Thanks for the help guys. Did Apexi ever do a manifold? I can't see a mention of one anwhere.

Reaction score
It does make a difference for sure , as for them always cracking my stock mani cracked in 3 places and my aftermarket is still going strong after 3+ years ......
Never had an issue with mine after many track days and 21psi of boost, in fact I know a few guys who went back to stock after cracking stainless mani's several times

It's a turbo :)

Thanks for the help guys. Did Apexi ever do a manifold? I can't see a mention of one anwhere.
Apexi never made them, Tomei did

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Maybe I was just unlucky then ;) and tbh probably the reason I noticed such a big difference when I fitted the new one

Reaction score
What after market are you using, I have been very dubious of AM ones because of their perchance for cracking

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Using an HDev atm and have a mazworx topmount to go on in the next couple of months . My HDev was one of the first batch though, I have heard that later batches weren't as good quality wise .

Reaction score
Country
On my last SR20 engine I had run a stock manifold till I replaced it for a Tomei, and then a HKS. Neither aftermarket manifolds had cracked on me. I have heard that it could happen (and I've seen it first hand), but I wouldn't really sweat it in the grand scheme of things while dealing with modifying cars. Wear and tear is part of the game.

Reaction score
Country
My stock manifold cracked too, iv got an Hdev one and its been mint lad had it before me too no cracks etc