What's new

Finally after 3 years...

Reaction score
I've finally managed to get an S15!

I wanted to get one 3 years ago but they were out of my budget, so I got an S14a silvia....

Unfortunately this was written off back in July after someone failed to stop for a traffic jam. :cry:

I broke it for parts and got my insurance payout, plus some hardcore saving for a few months and I've just bought a new silvia..

Obviously it won't be to everyones taste, but I really like it. :D

Only annoying thing is that it needs an IVA, unless I wait until July. I've looked into the regulations etc and it says that proof of compliance with a non-european standard may suffice, and this car has got 1.5 years of the japanese 'shaken' still on it, so I'm hoping they might accept that. Anyone been through this before?

subzero

Reaction score
ah man, the 14 was a cracker , but that 15 is a minter. its just perfect, from bonnet, to wide-arch and the rims . enjoy it man.

S

S15 SILVIA

Nice car mate!
Why the complication with the registration? Are you importing it yourself, or are you using an import co?
Currently on the look out for an S15 myself, using torque gt to help me sort it out.
Wish this import business was black and White, there seems so many things to it, regarding tax costs, import tests etc.

Be gutting to have to wait all that time before getting it on the road!

Mike

Reaction score
cheers guys :)

registration isn't possible using a model report because the car isn't standard and isn't 10 years old yet. To get it registered the 'usual' way, I'd have to swap all the aftermarket parts off and put standard ones back on.

I used a company in Japan (powervehicles.com) to source the car, and put it on a boat, but doing all the other stuff myself.

Yea its a bit annoying... I wouldn't mind as much if my license allowed me to trailer it to drift/track days, but it doesn't :(

Gives me a chance to underseal it and swap a load of mods onto it though, which I guess isn't a bad thing. :)

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
I came very close to getting a white S15 from powervehicles.com it was a cracking car, think it was their head mechanics old car. I just didn't feel up to sorting all the stuff out this end, and was still very new to all this jap import business so never went through with it :( wish I had in a way now as it was a minter..

Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase :thumbs: Thats some bonnet, never seen one like it before

What mods have you planned for it?
The bonnet is a d-max jobbie apparently.

Um, it's already got quite a bit on it (more than I realised really!)

I'm gonna swap my greddy inlet plenum onto it, greddy pulleys and possibly swap my twin plate clutch and 5 speed onto it if/when the 6 speed dies.

Also gonna get it running on my old silvia's power FC, as its currently got a remapped stock ecu as far as I know.

Apart from that, just gonna swap my bride seats in and enjoy it! :D

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
The bonnet is a d-max jobbie apparently.

Um, it's already got quite a bit on it (more than I realised really!)

I'm gonna swap my greddy inlet plenum onto it, greddy pulleys and possibly swap my twin plate clutch and 5 speed onto it if/when the 6 speed dies.

Also gonna get it running on my old silvia's power FC, as its currently got a remapped stock ecu as far as I know.

Apart from that, just gonna swap my bride seats in and enjoy it! :D
:rotfl: planning some track / drifting in it so??

Reaction score
Yea, I never got round to doing a proper track day in the 14, so I'll definately be doing some in the 15.

I usually do pod drift days at least once a month in the summer too :)

Looking forward to feeling the difference between the S14 chassis and the 15 spec-r chassis :D

Reaction score
Not much of an update, but the suspension has been raised, all the gauges etc hidden from view and it's now waiting for a boat.

I'd guess about 8 weeks until it's sitting on my drive! :D

Z

zhenkin

Nice ride you have out there..I think it will be most ppl taste.. XD I like it too! Vertex Lang! Vertex ROXX!!!

Reaction score
Nice ride you have out there..I think it will be most ppl taste.. XD I like it too! Vertex Lang! Vertex ROXX!!!
Whats the difference between the Lang and Ridge? Does the ridge sit wider to fit wide arches?

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I know Ridge is the full wide arches version which Ray has got fitted to his stunning blue 15...

Not sure if Lang is the 'non-wide' version or just a different widebody style to the Ridge??