What's new

Fitting Coilover Issues

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
This is really only going to apply to people with Apex Performance Gen 2 Coilovers but I guess other people might be albe to tell me if what I have done is OK?

I put my new coilovers on this weekend, but when it came to putting the brake lines into the slot on the coilover they were quite a distance from each other.

To get around this I had to bend both the solid hose and the bracket on the coilover.

I also had to slightly modify the ABS lines braket by removing the hose from the bottom clip on the bracket.

Have other people had to do simular things?

I guess my main concern is if what I have done to the brake line is a stupid thing to do or not, or does this need to be done/is there another way I could have done this?

Thanks,

Darren

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Fit braided hoses, put some foam around the hoses where they'll touch the coilovers and cable tie them to the bracket. :) Oh, and get slightly longer Z32 front conversion hoses.

Reaction score
if you get them from Apex, they sell ones with bits in the middles that fit to the brackets on the coilovers. then you can re-use the standard clips to fix them on.

i did the cable tie thing, and they we WELL fussy about them come MOT time. (i've not been back there since!!!!)

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
I know Im being thick here but with the front brake lines do the braided hoses replace the whole of the bit you can see including the solid pipe?

Nicley will the Z32 hoses attach to the standard S15 front caliper without any issues?

Thanks.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yes. The callipers are essentially the same except lighter alloy. Apex have supplied quite a few of the longer hoses for S15 guys :) The standard ones are OK, just a bit of a tight fit.

P

Pazz

Darren, I have the GEN2's and also had both of the problems you are talking about. I just bent the solid pipes. They can usually take a bit of bending. As for the ABS line I just undid the clamps holding the cable and just gave it a bit more slack.

Couple of weeks after fitting coilovers I fitted my R33 GTR Brembo's and used a set of the Apex Type 2 Hoses, which are just literally plug and play and utilise the original bracket on the coilovers as they have a centre section. Which means no need for cable tie's. I believe they fit stock calipers too.

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Thanks guys.

Pazz, I think what you have done is what Im going to do.

I did bend the bracket on the bottom of the coilover too so I did not need to bend the brake line so much, but I can bend that back quite easily.

:thumbs:

Reaction score
just a thought, i've a set of both front and rear braided lines that i don't need! :)

£50+pnp???

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
OK so I went to fit my special braided brake lines this weekend.

But I cannot get this little bugger to move to undo the hose.

Someone has either done it up way too tight or its got so much crap in it that I cannot get it to move.

Worse still its brass and its already starting to round :(

Anyone else had this or got any good ideas how to get it undone?

Short or replacing the whole brakeline I cant see how Im going to do this :cry:

Thanks...