What's new

fitting defi's

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Alright guys,just a quick question,finally getting round to fitting my defi gauges tomorrow,just wanted to know if anyone had any advice on the best way of holding them in position,I have bought 2 60mm gauges one I am fitting in the centre of the dash where I have a vent face missing,and the other I want to fit in the original boost gauge position,I have seen a few fittied directly onto the front of the a pillar gauge pod, do you just use double sided tape or something a little stronger? And do you need to adapt it to fit the 60 mm gauge at all? I have seen the thread about fitting a gauge in the original position behind the plastic but I don't like how that looks....
Also when fitting the. Boost gauge can I just remove the t piece that's in the hose already leading off to a little box on the suspension turret, and just plug in there or do I need to cut it and place it further down? I am assuming the t piece already there is to give readings for the standard gauge??

Last edited:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Nobody replied to this thread?? :wack:

Mate just t-piece where the original sender use to take boost from as you say by suspension turret but the t-piece for stock boost sender might not be for same vacuum pipe size... think I had to sort all this out again using defi supplied t-piece cos original one is not right size for boost pipe you need to install (also part of Defi kit)!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Haha no one replied were waiting for you to return from the land of the skyline forum lol!!!
So can I completely remove the old sender unit on the turret then,just wanna tidy uo the bay a little.

Had checked one of the threads before but no info on wiring in the control unit and I wanted to mount my boost gauge on the front of the pod rather than in the pod,think it looks tidier.
Darrens thread could be useful though cheers!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lol I'm back!! :D

Yeah you can remove the old sender unit... ditch that and then use the same bracket to mount the Defi sender... fits nicely :)

Wiring control unit should be pretty straight forward - you got +ve, earth, illumination and ignition IIRC. Most of these can be used or should I say 'clipped' into same wires used for other things in centre console such as I had the illumination wired to ciggie lighter surround lighting and think the ignition was wired to ICE harness wire that gave a feed once the ignition was turned on etc :thumbs: