What's new

Fitting gauges in air vents?

Curryzz

Reaction score
Need to find rev counter cable asap, got the dash in bits. Does anyone know what colour the cable is and what block it sits in out of the three? Cheers

Curryzz

Reaction score
Oh crap,iv put my dials and my sterio and everything back in and now my tail lights dont work and my dash lights, iv checked the fuses in the footwell and all seem ok so im starting to worry, the ecu doesnt control any lights does it? If its a fuse im fine but bit worried as fuses seem ok:(

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
the fuses may look ok, but change them anyway. At least swap them to another position so you know for sure. If it still doesn't work, have a look at the wiring you just tapped into. Maybe you have disturbed a connector.

Curryzz

Reaction score
Yeh maybe i tested the fuses tho mate, do u no the if the ecu does anything to do with lights?

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I don't think the ECU has anything to do with it. Your dash lights and tail lights are on 2 seperate circuits.

Curryzz

Reaction score
I thought id go back out in the garage and check again and i popped a 10 amp under the fuse box in the engine bay and they both come back on:) thanks, u gave me the boost to get of my ass and check again

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
np. glad it worked.

Curryzz

Reaction score
Still trying to figure out what colour cable i need to connect the rev counter to my new rev gauge........have looked everywhere to find some info and no joy

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Do a search on here for ECU diagram - you should find it as some kind soul posted this info for me when I needed to wire the green speed signal for my Defi gauges ;)

Curryzz

Reaction score
Thank god for that almost gave up, il let you guys no how i get on, im also fitting air/fuel guage which i gather goes on the lamda sensor and a fuel pressure guage whch i havnt looked into, does the ecu read air/fuel as il do it that way, with the oil pressure i have no clues as yet how to connect it.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I'm fairly sure the ECU gets a AF ratio from just the lambda. It definatly gets it from somewhere anyway as I can view it on Nistune.

With the oil pressure, do you not have to get a sandwich plate for that as you need to add a pressure transmitter?
I'm not sure about where the standard oil pressure switch is. It must be somewhere as they have the low oil pressure light, but I dont know if its done by a pressure transmitter or a pressure switch. I would guess its just going to be a switch. Also not sure if that info goes to the ECU.. Would like to know too though! :)

Sorry for the lack of real help there!

Curryzz

Reaction score
Been working on gettin my air/fuel ratio gauge fitted, have taken it off the White wire on the lambda sensor. The readings seem a bit all over the place, have I done this correctly?

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Possibly! When your driving normally (1/4 throttle or so) it flickers all over the place. It only reads a readable figure onder full throttle. Mine does the same.

Curryzz

Reaction score
Cheers bud il give it a go for now, il drive it tomoro so il find out if its ok! Thanks again:)

Curryzz

Reaction score
Here's some progress pictures.....still waiting for my carbon fibre surrounds and still need to do the final wiring for the oil pressure gauge but still a bit vague as to how to do that one...........

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Cool, good work! :)

How are you wireing the oil press gauge in? are you going to use a sandwich plate on the oil filter?

Curryzz

Reaction score
Well to be honist i dont no how im going to do it,with the guage they supplyed a oil pressure sensor but i have no idea where it goes, it wouldnt fit between the oil filter i no that much, im still a bit concerned about the A/F readings, what should it read on idle or full throttle roughly, just seems like its making a pretty pattern at night with bright lights lol, i cant see a good reading however i drive, also it goes from lean all the way to rich when it wants:( Grrrr:cry:

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Sorry mate, I was wrong there. Got confused as my system works totally different to yours.

As a very rough guide you should be reading around 13-16 under normal (driving depending on throttle position) and 11.0 WOT. I have no idea how you are supposed to wire them in as I've never done it. I'm sure someone on here has though.

Reaction score
Hey mate.. i was fortunate enough to have the experience of putting in my autometer oil pressure guage on the weekend... was a bit of fun.. i managed to find my oil pressure switch just up the the left of the oil filter... i found removing the filter made it easier to reach as there isn't much room because of mounts and brackets etc... i also had to buy a t-piece to fit the original switch back on aswell as a line for the sender.. and after finding advice i remote mounted my sender unit near the wiper motor... it set me back about 200 bucks using anodized fittings, adaptors and braided lines but it was a pretty neat finish... i didn't take any photo's while i was doing it unfortunatly but if you want more info let me know and i'll try get some pics... other then that i found google was a bit of help :)