What's new

fitting HID (oem) to a non Hid s15

Reaction score
hi...did anyone ever fitting oem xenon hid headlights from a s15 to a s15 with non hid headlights?

i heard i wouldn´t fit plug and play. i´m sure its because the xenon leveler (hope its the right word).

so...how i could fitting them?

Curryzz

Reaction score
Hi, i have non oem hids on min, i fitted them, just brought a normal set of hids from hids4u , the only problem i will say as they get very hot and can melt the headlight, i havnt had that yet but seen a headlight that has, its hardly noticable but just to warn you

Reaction score
Country
Sorry for hijacking bodywroxs thread

Im in the process of swapping parts from my Spec S to Spec R, and am going to sell the Spec S standard. The Spec R does not have the factory HID lights, but the Spec S does and im trying to figure out how to swap just the converters as the Spec S lenses are damaged. On the spec S i noticed a extra plug comming out of the loom to the converters which are on the backs of the headlights, ( Non HID has mounts for the converters but no extra plug ) Has anyone been able to wire them in? People sell the converters by themselves in NZ, but im not sure on how to go about cutting into the loom.

Has anyone successfully done this or know of anyone that has done it?

Is it as simple as running the wires that go to the bulbs into the converters then onto the bulbs, the spec s loom all the plugs just come out of the loom. i haven't unwrapped it as i thought i would ask for advise first

Reaction score
hope i dont missunderstand it but, why don´t u took the wiring from the hid model and took it to the non-hid?

Reaction score
Country
im a little worried that it might go back further then i want it to, like all the way back to the dash, and i dont want to wreck the wiring, i will strip it back a little way but i really dont want to stuff the loom, maybe its simple, i will have a look, hopefully its just a little hidden wire under the loom wrapping with no plug on it.

Reaction score
Country
After looking into HID for S15's the simplest answer is to just buy a HID kit as all S15 lights are designed to work with the HID just some came with it and some just normal bulbs, since the reflectors inside the S15 lights are designed to work with it, it will be legal and you can choose the intensity. and just use Lupix or nicely's guide to install them. Save the risk of hacking into the factory setup.

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
The projectors in factory HID headlghts are different. The bulbs and ballasts can't be swapped over and the wiring is different so it's a big job, much easier if you have the whole HID headlight assembly to swap over

Reaction score
Country
The projectors in factory HID headlghts are different. The bulbs and ballasts can't be swapped over and the wiring is different so it's a big job, much easier if you have the whole HID headlight assembly to swap over
are you 100% positive about that, as heaps of other people say they are the same light, just without the bulbs & ballasts, as i have both, the mounts on the standard ones are there for the ballast boxes to go onto.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
The reflectors are different for the different light pattern from the HID bulb.

AFAIK, no one has had both types side by side to compare. That would solve the question once and for all.

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
are you 100% positive about that, as heaps of other people say they are the same light, just without the bulbs & ballasts, as i have both, the mounts on the standard ones are there for the ballast boxes to go onto.
The ballasts go on fine, but the HID bulbs will not plug into the halogen projectors. Since you've got both you can check it out and let us know how to make it all work :)