What's new

WTB: flexi front section

Reaction score
Country
Anyone got any recommendations? my current manifold/elbow/oem frontpipe setup isnt perfectly lined up with the decat and as such is putting unnecessary stress on said parts and causing my cat gasket to fail for starters. so need a flexi front pipe before something cracks!

off the shelf one or custom jobby? dont want anything expensive, just a cheap 3" one to do the job. :)

cheers

Reaction score
Country
I don't have one forsale but I bought my front pipe from apex and it had a flexi section. Probably worth giving them a call. Wasn't expensive really. Around the £100-£125 mark I think.
Allowed me to line everything up and I think it even came with a metal hanger.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@4ndy_hunt
I picked up a second hand apex down pipe and have also got a flexi section to put in it. I am doing it this way as I'm still not sure what matches between the s15's and s14/a's so I got second hand s14 elbow and down pipe and it can then be made to fit with the flexi. Also means you can put the flexi where you want it for best fitment I will also be having a bracket made to support the down pipe from some gearbox mounts. If you don't want it in the down pipe I know someone who had it in the decat.

Reaction score
Country
Cheers guys, to be honest i'm not arsed where it goes, it just needs one. i'm not sure if i've got a 14 elbow on or not either haha. it all lines up reasonably, but in front of the cat ive got to force it about an inch to get it to bolt together. not ideal! too much stress on the manifold! :(

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
You can but 3" stainless flexi sections from eBay mate. Definitely a wise choice as it's a huge contributor to the cracking of elbows and manifolds.

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I think if you got a one piece elbow/downpipe to would be the mother of all b****** to remove and fit again! I was going to weld flexi in between the two and realised this.

Reaction score
Country
I'm not after an elbow/front pipe combi, just the frontpipe with a flexi section. found one on apex for a 14a, and i'm still not sure why the 14, 14a, and s15 seem to have different elbows/front pipes, but hopefully this will fit, if not. i'll make it fit. haha

thanks for the help guys!