What's new

WTB: Flexi turbo elbow or downpipe

Reaction score
Country
Fitting a stainless manifold soon and need me some flex!

anyone got anything or could suggest anywhere I can buy one? Struggling to find anything online...

Reaction score
Country
Yeah can't weld, could just take off my current downpipe (think its a japspeed one) superlow jobby and get that added in...

Reaction score
Country
Jay, the downpipe was one I bought from Driftworks when they first started doing them, way before japspeed copied them. I had it on my 180sx before the silvia. I think they got them from Japan back when you used to get a decent exchange rate for the yen. I remember it had a load of japanese writing with it when it came.

And the turbo elbow is an expensive Greddy one that is separated inside. I had it imported from the USA rather than using a cheap nasty one :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Cheers Dan! Dont suppose you ever replaced the turbo lines to braided ones did you? Gonna need to upgrade them when I change manifolds :)

On another side note, did you smooth the existing rocker cover on the car or did you buy another? wondered if you had a spare one knocking about as I prefer the standard lettering :D

Cars running great by the way except for a blowing mani-turbo gasket i'm about to replace :D

Reaction score
Country
It was still on the original hard lines Jay, I never touched them while I had it. I did the ones on my old 180SX, and it was a right fiddly job!

Funny story about the rocker cover. I bought a spare to do off a S14 thinking they were the same. Spent time cleaning, stripping, smoothing, and painting and it only to find when I went to swap them over that they are different to S15 ones :annoyed:
They'll bolt on okay, but the coilpack holes are larger and the bit where the coilpack bolts down is lower, so when you put on S15 coil packs they were loose in the holes and would be bent over if you bolted them down. You could have bodged in a little spacer to make them sit right, but they would still be sloppy in the holes.
I wasn't happy doing that, so I only used the S14 one to cover the top of the engine while I did it all again using the original one off the car. All of the gaskets were new from Nissan when I did it, so they'll probably be okay to use again, as they're not that old.

Make sure it's a S15 one you get to replace it if you want it to fit right. Somebody might want a swap for their standard one perhaps?

Glad to hear it's running well :)