What's new

Fuel pressure regulator..

Reaction score
Country
Hey Guys

was thinking about getting a Fuel pressure regulator...
to be honest not sure what perpose its for and how much performance you can get from it...

Can you guys recommend one? and where do they fit??

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
raytsang said:
Hey Guys

was thinking about getting a Fuel pressure regulator...
to be honest not sure what perpose its for and how much performance you can get from it...

Can you guys recommend one? and where do they fit??
I think FPRs are used to get that extra out from your injectors.
Upping the pressure will make the injectors deliver more fuel.

I would recommend getting new bigger injectors instead if the ones your using now is close to max.
You would have to get the car tuned and it will be more expensive.
But FPR is just a cheap subsitute which will shorten the life of the injectors and lower the safety margins of the engine.

Someone feel free to correct me if I got it wrong :)

elizium

Reaction score
Website
www.mys15.org
Basically I'd agree to an extent... using an FPR allows you to get more fuel from the same injectors (or less fuel from the injectors if you lower the pressure of course). I have used FPRs on my Z and my S15 and my reasoning was that:

1. I wanted to up the pressure to get a bit more out of the injectors
2. I didn't trust the stock FPR to be able to handle consistent flow for the larger injectors
3. The aftermarket FPRs look so much more shiny :)

I went with an Aeromotive on both applications - the one I have now has an orifice for putting on a fuel pressure gauge which is also very useful - although driving with the bonnet at high boost is probably not the best idea :)

Reaction score
Country
Yeah i do have a aftermarket ECU
got a power fc, and have just recently installed a FMIC and power fc boost controller, decat and front pipe.

so will have to get it mapped anyway.

was also recommended to put a FPR.
so was think about getting one before i get the car mapped again.

Where is it install?? pics will help...

Reaction score
Country
i suppose if i am maxing out my current injector its worth while getting bigger one
but i thought FPR are to maximise the use of the injectors and give it a more stable flow...like fine tuning the injectors??

FPR would be cheapper option then bigger injectors...

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Its a cheap stop gap. Bigger injectors would be a more sensible option and will allow for future tuning. If you've already got a PFC, an FPR seems a bit of a half measure...

Reaction score
Might as well get uprated injectors, you can easily change the power FC setting with your commander to match your injector size without doin any further mapping.

Reaction score
Country
Humm
have to have a think about it injectors a pretty pricey...
but would you get much performance.. what happens if your injectors are max out anywhy...

Reaction score
if your injectors max out your car will run lean under boost. The rrfpr just increases the fuel pressure in the fuel rail to the injectors to keep the flow constant. Most standard regulators arent up to the job when it comes to increased tune on most cars.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Just get 740s. 555s are a complete waste of money for the increase in size. 740s are nearly exactly the same price. Try Nengun... :nod:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Depends on your nervousness. Uprated fuel pump should cover it. Not many people I know fit an FPR when they upgrade their injectors.

Reaction score
Country
Thats alot of stuff to get....
well i just got my friend who is in HK now to get a HKS FPR... was about 100 euros so cheap enough..

Ahh the joys of moding
once you do one thing you have to do the other.....

more stuff on my shopping list now
1.FPR
2.740cc fuel injectors
3.uprated fuel pump..... Humm whats the purpose of this?? more fuel fast delivery, higher pressure...

but should work very well together... how much more of an effect will it be on the guel econemy??????????

Reaction score
To be honest I dont think you need the FPR if you have upgrade injectors and fuel pump, the stanrard should cope. Unless you goin mega power.

Correct me if I am wrong all the upgrade FPR does is to turn the pressure up on the fuel system, is a cheap way in terms of fuelling upgrade. You dont need to turn up the extra pressure if you got big enough fuel capacity from the injectors and fuel pump.

I could be wrong though :p

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
:nod: That's right. The standard FPR will provide pressure at a set rate. The injectors allow the flow at that rate. An adjustable FPR will force the standard injectors to flow at a higher rate, and beyond the tolerances they were designed for.