What's new

fuel pump lid

Reaction score
Country
Heya,

where can I buy a fuel pump lid.

I managed to snap off a connector/nossle on the top.

it looks like everything is just one piece

TY

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
lol, i just did this the other day - they're so brittle. i know it doesn't help but it's obvious now that its a common problem....

Reaction score
Country
lol, i just did this the other day - they're so brittle. i know it doesn't help but it's obvious now that its a common problem....
How did you fix it?

The nozzle was just long enough to get it back on, but will have to replace the lid just in case.

Why are there three pipes to the fuel tank? What does each one do?

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
if either of the high pressure ports break (the plug type ones) then the whole thing needs replacing. the breather pipe is the push on fitting and the end seems to always break off on that - even the replacement i bought was broken too. i wet the fitting to push the hose back on as far as it would go and used a jubilee clip instead of the spring clips....

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
i think it just balances the pressure between the top and bottom of the tank - it also connects to a solenoid which opens to vent fuel vapours.....

Reaction score
Country
Out of interest what would happen if the fuel pipes got connected to the opposite fitting on the pump, i.e the red fitting has the pipe that before went to the black fitting?

I put some tape around the one that went to the red but I was just wondering really as I was currious.

Oh and try Japperformanceparts mate they should have one.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
Out of interest what would happen if the fuel pipes got connected to the opposite fitting on the pump, i.e the red fitting has the pipe that before went to the black fitting?

I put some tape around the one that went to the red but I was just wondering really as I was currious.

Oh and try Japperformanceparts mate they should have one.
it just won't work mate. fuel can only go one way past the regulator and the injectors won't be getting any so you'd soon know and have to swap them over ;)

Reaction score
ring nissan and ask for parts dept. and tell them your chassis no and expain thr bit you need, they will look on the computer for you

Reaction score
Country
Is there any trick to putting the black locking ring back on the fuel tank lid?

It was extremely tight removing it but I can't get it to go back on.

It keeps on cross threading.

Reaction score
Mine cross threaded a bit to start with, i had mine off loads of times as it leaked.

In the end had to replace the seal twice and it wsasnt until I renewed the lid that it solved the problem.

But make sure you put lots of wd40 in threads and try and get it straight as possible and then it will find its way normally onto the thread.

Last edited:
Reaction score
mine was same as i had the thing off so many times I must of pulled it off the bracket when putting it back together and actaully did a trackday at oulton park like that without knowing lol, wouldnt worry too much. My car is fine!

Reaction score
Done the same myself 2 years ago, broke two of them, bottle of super glue done the trick. No hassle since.

Reaction score
Country
Last edited: