What's new

fuel related...

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
silly question perhaps, but what fuel do 15's run on....petrol obv before someone states the obvious :ghey: but do they prefer 95 or do they have to be run on high octane?

only asking as my evo v was an import and it was recommended it was run on 99 at all times unless it couldn't be found..not fussed if its 99, would just like to know before i stick a tank of 95 in and find it runs like a dog all the way home :wack:

Reaction score
Country
I think I'm correct in saying this but in Japan most fuel stations only sell 99, so any import is best fuelled on 99 here in the UK. It won't do any damage running the car on 95 as that's what I run my import civic on. But again the ECU's are set to run on 99, so that would probably give you optmum performance.

If you do plan to remap your car in the future I'm pretty sure it can be mapped to run just as good on 95.

Reaction score
Country
Ive put 95 in about twice when I was desperate for fuel and the only station with super was closed :annoyed: drove like a granny until it was used up!

You do risk det when using fuel with a low RON so be careful.

Reaction score
Country
If its dead stock then 95 will be fine
this is the info you should go by fuel it by the state of modification , stock standard running .6bar? then 95/96 will be fine even 91 wont hurt but it will be slow, bit if running over .8bar boost then i would not use under 98 / 99, but if you have too run 95 then turn the boost down, providing you have a form of boost control

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
mine ran like a bag of... potatos when filled with 95 on the stock ecu.. i always run 99, but if thats unsourcable, 97 works better than 95!

In the UK the only places i've found that do 99 are Tesco and Shell V-Power. (get a clubcard and shell card! points ftw!)

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
V power is 98! The momentum in cirencester is 99 but chippenham one doesn't sell it! :(
I had mine mapped on 97! As that's all that's available in my area.

Last edited:

CMR

Reaction score
Country
V Power is 99. Shell Optimax was 98 ron.

Only Tesco and V Power sell 99 octane in the UK to my knowledge rest is 97 or 98.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
as above im pretty sure v-power is 99 as well as tesco momentum....get clubcard points with momentum and i never had any issues running the evo on it....in fact, i think it ran better on tesco than shell :S