What's new

Full respray question regarding all windows

Daveizz

Reaction score
Country
Hi Guys,

Maybe i should have search first, but really didn't know were to start.
Sinds i've planned to give my baby a full respray end of this year, i wanted to ask you guys, what about all the windows?
When she getting a new color cover, i would like to get out all of the windows, front, end and sides so everthing will be sprayed proper.
But sinds all the windows are galvanized windows (with original hard list all around the windows) and they cover up al the space to make a hole for a little fishing line to get all the kit loose.
I really want to get all the windows out without cracking them

Does any of you guys got an experience with this or can give me some suggestions?

A lot of thanx!

Last edited:
Reaction score
another member in another forum asking for partnumbers of all the rubbers. it would be 2x at the front and two at the rear. if i saw it right u arn´t able to get the rubber of the side windows itself. it looks like u need to buy the complete sidewindows. would be great if some other could confirm this.

i tried to give a s15 a full paint without taking the windows out and i would never do that again. as u allready noticed, its hard to get under the rubber or get something between it to make a gap.

Daveizz

Reaction score
Country
Thanx for this info mate.

I really.....really dont want to crack the front or rear window, dont know the costs of both but it's a guess they really are expensive!!
I've got a little upcoming rust next to my rear window, so this need to be done proper, which let me now choice but getting all windows removed.
Maybe someone else got a few pics of there car being done aswel, with the windows removed so i can see for myself how the windows are fitted in the body work.
So i can see the lines of the body work with the windows removed on the pics.

Daveizz

Reaction score
Country
another member in another forum asking for partnumbers of all the rubbers. it would be 2x at the front and two at the rear. if i saw it right u arn´t able to get the rubber of the side windows itself
I really am sure about it that the front and rear windows wear rubbers, but galvinized lists (hardcovers) all around, so it's one list which covers the whole window.

Last edited: