What's new

FS: GB: S15 Rasty Carmake R34 Spec Front Bumper

V

v-specii

Hey guys,

I don't own a silvia s15 but I do have a s15 bumper that I miraculously managed to get my hands on from the states. I love the skyline R34, & have plans to permanently fit it on my Almera (trail shots below), I have fitted it on my car but I need to chop it because my car is on 17's & I am going to fit coilovers to get the car to sit really low, due to the huge gap Almeras have lol.

As I know this bumper is impossible to come by before I chop it, I thought it would be courtesy of me to ask if any of you owners were interested in getting copies made..?

I luckily found a thread on http://zilvia.net was a very old for sale thread, which was closed by the moderator when I posted to buy it trying my luck.. but hey it paid off in the end. I've just copied & pasted details from my forum almeraownersclub.com below so somethings may not make sense or be relevant:

The bumber:
Its abit of a long story, sorry to bore you guys
I've never really been happy with any n16 bumper avalible to order, then I saw on the N16 Malaysian forums a member put a s15 Trail bumper next to the n16 the fitting looked quite similiar.

I then began a s15 bumper search & came across this.
Rasty R-Spec Front Bumper S13 S14 S15
In total it was costing £950+ then customs risk. I thought I could arrange my own delivery to save some what £300 as they were charging £500+ delivery. I would have been an idiot & prob ended up buying it, but I didn't want to give up so soon & except that, luckily I continued with my searching & found a member on the silvia website who hadn't been on for years I took my chances, but the moderator closed the thread, after my post & thought I was crazy.

Lo & behold 2-3 months later, I get a pm that it was still available. Whilst I was on the gtr forums speaking with an importer, who said he would charge me £300 for delivery which would have made it £600ish delivered.

Carmake Rasty S15 front bumper $200

The member was in the army so he wasn't so active, & he sold his Silvia so the bumper was just sat in the garage for 4 years, I tried to get some quotes for delivery it was lucking good around £240 for but I expected better as it was coming from the States a common country.
I found a website called intercargo, & got a quote for around £100 only & booked it right away, only to realize later I had not changed the units to cms. So the parcel seemed smaller then what it actually was but item was already dispatched on express delivery from DHL.

I did get an email from intercargo that the size was incorrect pay £515 more otherwise it would be sent back, I didn't check my mail for a few days. But in the background DHL was so quick it was in the uk within 24hrs & on my doorstep in under 48 from the USA. I would have said sent it back as I wouldn't have been happy to pay that much, not heard from them been a month.

Sorry for the essay but her it is

The fittings not great but is workable+some gtr goodies: