What's new

gearbox advice

6speed

well this is my 1st post so be kind please.

so the 6speed box is ok to about 330hp once the 3rd 4th gear thingy has been change.

is there anything elss you can do to make it a little stronger as im only looking at a max hp of 400hp?

i have been told about a nismo box that is good for 400hp and a HPI box that is rated to 440hp but i cant find where to buy so dont know how much these cost.

can any of you help

thanks
damien

G

gunner93

Hi 6 speeder, How about intro your ride and where you're from?

Nicely, you're welcome.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I think the Nismo box is rated to 350hp. Not sure how much it really can cope with. Alot of D1 S15s seems to use Nismo boxes. Not sure if it's the same as the one available over counter though as most D1 S15s has well over 350hp.

There are some gearsets for the S15box from OSgiken, Nismo and smoe other brands. No idea about how much they'll take power wise.

I think that www.japanparts.com has some gearsets and boxes on their web-shop.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Once the circlip issue is checked (it may not be an issue), the 6MT should take more power than the 5MT. Its certainly better quality inside. 5MTs have been known to handle 350-400bhp. Bear in mind that there are no guarantees :)

S

sillbeers15

When the S15 Spec-R appeared in 1999. Many Japs broke the 6 speed transmission on track. Therefore the reputation as a weak 6 speed box was conceived.

However many S15s managed to live with the 6 speed stock box.

It matters what application you use for the box, track, drug or street.

For street application, I'm sure it can handle 400hp well. I can bet on it.

J

j@garagemac

well we run a 440bhp sr22 s15 on a nismo box and it loves it for serious track use we have a qauife 6sp sequential :thumbs:

for those 4th gear clutch kicks etc

kind regards j@wrc

M

MIHIR AMIN

hi, ive got the nismo 6 speed box, i have been told from the suppliers that it can handle a great deal more than 400hp, but nismo only make a very small nubmer every year.

J

j@garagemac

i like the exedy racing serise they do a sport serise to the racing being a puck style but still with sprung centre and the sports being a uprated version of the stock clutch unsure on ratings will look into it for you

kind rergards j@wrc

Feast Japan

Trader
Reaction score
Website
www.feastautoexport.co
If there are few members on board that wish to place a small group order, I can lay a nice discount down.

On a side note, just ordered a 6F Getrag box for a customer with an R34. Nissan came through on this one with only a one day wait for delivery. Beautttt!

T

TonyS15

If there are few members on board that wish to place a small group order, I can lay a nice discount down.

On a side note, just ordered a 6F Getrag box for a customer with an R34. Nissan came through on this one with only a one day wait for delivery. Beautttt!
Im interested very interested but dependant on price roughly, any chance of getting a quote?

Feast Japan

Trader
Reaction score
Website
www.feastautoexport.co
Hey guys,

Ken emailed me on teh 6F box recently and I share some pricing with him.

On single order, the box is priced at 336,000 JPY (1480 GBP)

If there are 3 or more orders at one time, price is dropped to 319,000 JPY (1405 GBP)

Savings arent huge, but Feast Parts is doing its best to save consumers money.

Shipping is naturally on top of this and is pay at the door for those curious. roughly 250 GBP or a hair more for shipping of one box.

Hope this clears up any pricing.