What's new

Greetings from Ireland!

jp

Reaction score
Website
www.sxoc.com
Country
Hiya,

JP here from Ireland - some of you will already know me from the 200SX Owner's Club. I currently own an S14a but was very close to buying an S15 a few months ago: glad I didn't cause the same car's turbo died soon after with the newer owner & I've heard in the last 2 months the newest owner managed to warp the block! :wack: It was that very S15 that made me want a 200 in the first place! Love the S15! :smitten:

Anyway, long story short I'm here for 2 reasons:

1. I may eventually tempt myself into getting an S15 again if the right one comes up & I start earning more (1 money-sponge is enough for now! ;))

& 2. I was looking for any other Irish 200's or S15s that are floating around to see if they'd be interested in joining us at some stage for meets & events we (SXOC) will be holding around Ireland.

Anyway, chat to you all soon hopefully! :)

JP

PS. Hi to Nicely, Raytsang & Derek! :wave:

jp

Reaction score
Website
www.sxoc.com
Country
Thanks for the welcomes lads! :)

hi jp have noticed u on sxoc am on it occasionly im from the emerald isle myself!!
That's right, I've seen you posting too - Northern area from memory? Oh, & the WMIC thread! :wack:

Hi jp and welcome! From the meath area myself...I hear rumors of a bioethenol 200sx...?
Lol! No rumour my good man! Hence the avatar..! ;)

If you're around the Dublin area at all or want to join us for the meet we're organising on the 25th of August (See here) you can have a gander at it then! :) There's a Maxol up there that's selling it too I hear..! :nod:

G

Ger Keane

welcome, in Cork and Clare myself. in dublin now and again! S15 irish meet is a great idea:nod:

P

Paddy

i thought that meet was on last week end?? might be up for it... will let ya know!

jp

Reaction score
Website
www.sxoc.com
Country
Thanks again for all the welcomes folks! :)

ha the dreaded wmic thread i think ive sold everyone else's ha
Ha ha ha! You certainly seem to have! :wack: I've a mate who was at the meet there who'll be looking for another one after he's passed his NCT but I'd say you're better selling it up North bearing in mind what you're asking for it: Southern ones are going for ?50 so-far.

Hi and welcome Jp.From kildare my self!!:thumbs:
Hiya Mark! Don't suppose you're S16 on another forum by any chance are you..? ;) Ever up the Dublin way? :)

welcome, in Cork and Clare myself. in dublin now and again! S15 irish meet is a great idea:nod:
Come along man! More the merrier & would be great to finally find out who's driving all the S15s people keep saying they've spotted but no-one knows who they are! :D
Examples in reverse chronological order 1; 2; 3; 4; 5 to name but a few! :)

i thought that meet was on last week end?? might be up for it... will let ya know!
I'll take it you've passed by the forum then? :) No, that was just a Centre of Ireland meet we organised to attract all the folks we don't see from the West & surrounding counties. We got a few non-regulars along & a local randomer with a 1989 300ZX saw us & pulled over out of the blue! It was very cool: great leather for its age, targa roof, all electrics, adjustable dampers, the whole lot! :eek:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Welcome :wave:

You Irish boys are a friendly bunch... :D

Just been to Dublin for the first time two weeks ago and had a real laff - people soooo nice!!

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Hi and welcome :wave:

what did you change for the E85 conversion?
I suspect injectors and fuel pump and a remap.
Anything else?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
From the spec he already had, I believe JP just drained the tank added E85 and remapped.

I considered changing over, based on JP's conversion. That was until I discovered there are only 15 forecourts selling E85 in the whole of the UK, and the nearest was about 60 miles away... :eek:

jp

Reaction score
Website
www.sxoc.com
Country
Hi and welcome :wave:

what did you change for the E85 conversion?
I suspect injectors and fuel pump and a remap.
Anything else?
Well I've the Walbro in there already, the injectors were 550cc SARDs & the PowerFC's in there already, but I was running @ 1.2bar of boost on the GT28R from the early S15's in mine & the 550's were @ 80% duty on petrol. They were maxed on E85 & I've no aftermarket fuel-pressure regulator so I've got the 740cc Nismos in there now & they're at about 80 spiking to 87% on occasion.

If you've a few minutes, all the details are in the following thread & if you want the "short" version just read all my posts as I think that any issues that were asked about I've answered. :thumbs:

E85-Powered Nissan 200SX

From the spec he already had, I believe JP just drained the tank added E85 and remapped.
Pretty much! :nod: Gave the car to my tuner in Westmeath in Ireland (Martin @ Westward Precision Engineering), he mapped it with the new mods I'd put on at the time, then drained the last of the petrol, filled up with E85 & adjusted accordingly. Ignition advance was huge apparently! :nod:

I considered changing over, based on JP's conversion. That was until I discovered there are only 15 forecourts selling E85 in the whole of the UK, and the nearest was about 60 miles away... :eek:
Yeah, UK availability is still scarce, even more-so than Ireland & I just about get by for now. The up-side for us in Ireland is that there's a new station supplying it every odd month here so slowly but surely becoming more widely available! :) I've just got to find more places around Europe now so I can get to the 'Ring & back! :D

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Thanks for the info :)
I've considered going for E85 time to time as it's readily available here in Sweden. Almost every gasstation in Stockholm has it nowadays.
My problem would be to get it tuned as I've heard that mapping E85 isn't the same procedure as mapping regular fuel.

jp

Reaction score
Website
www.sxoc.com
Country
Thanks for the info :)
I've considered going for E85 time to time as it's readily available here in Sweden. Almost every gasstation in Stockholm has it nowadays.
My problem would be to get it tuned as I've heard that mapping E85 isn't the same procedure as mapping regular fuel.
No bother! :thumbs:

I'm a huge fan of the stuff for the price that it is, what it does for your engine (cleans it out, allows higher boost, & runs at a lower temperature: about 2 degrees Celcius) & uhhh... it's better for the environment..? :rolleyes:

How much is it per Litre in Sweden?

& no, it's not the same precedure: I've still not perfected the cold & hot starts on it, my tuner couldn't & now I'm working with one of the other lads on the SXOC to help me get it perfect. We've got the hot-starts 80% but cold starts need to be worked-on still. Work-In-Progress you might say! :)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
E85 is about 0.8 Euro/Liter or ?0.53
98Ron which I use now is about 1.2 Euro/Liter ?0.85

Or if you prefer Gallons.
E85 = 3 euros /gallon or ?2
98Ron = 4.54 Euros /Gallon or ?3,21

There are quite a few over here who has done the E85 conversion. But there are still alot of untested stuff going on and alot of rumours.
And the problems of getting it mapped properly.
I've heard that checking cylinder pressure when mapping is crucial if you want to get the most out of the E85.