What's new

Headunit

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Hi,

Just looking for recommendations for a single din headunit. Still got the stock jap headunit so need it changing out. I take it all the connectors and everything are just the same as any other car? I don't need any convertors or anything do I?

Cheers

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Look into something with a memory card slot or an inbuilt flashdrive... Mine has an inbuilt flashdrive and it's fantastic; loads of music stored in the unit which never skips even with ridiculously stiff springs on my last set of coilovers! The fascia stores the music so you just take it off and bring it in to the PC when you want to update the music on it, plus the unit can also be connected to any iPod / MP3 etc and has CD/radio etc so you'll always have somet to listen to....

I was cheap and got it almost 50% cheaper in the US so I don't have full radio usage (odd frequency only eg 98.1) but if you listen to the radio a lot you can source it from a UK supplier :thumbs:

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Cheers for the info.. I have a Bluetooth FM transmitter that I connect to my blackberry, so I store all my music on my 2GB micro SD card. The transmitter is very good and I get excellent sound quality through it, as I have it setup in my other car, so I can just move that to the S15.

I take it any headunit will work? I'm looking at some Alpines

Reaction score
Country
L
I don't have full radio usage (odd frequency only eg 98.1) but if you listen to the radio a lot you can source it from a UK supplier :thumbs:
Could you not just get a bandwidth expander for a few quid so you get all UK frequencies?

The jap imports can only get something like BBC radio 4 when they come over but an expander sorts it out :)

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Just another question, anyone know what size speakers I can fit in the front and rear, just want to a straight swap with the std speakers. Haven't got my car with me so can't go check

Cheers!

Reaction score
Country
Thought i'd be best to post here ratger than start a new thread, but how do i go about taking out the double din unit in my car? seems solid, like its bolted in somehow.

Reaction score
i think you have to take the surround off, and then it is bolted into place. could be wrong tho.

Reaction score
cool, take it that piece of prim just comes off using a flat head wedged underneith it?
Yeah, just pull up the gear gaitor and undo the 2 screws that hold the center console down, lift it out and undo the 4 screws just above the heater controls that hold the head unit in :thumbs: