What's new

Hello

S

SteveW

Good evening everyone,

I'm new as you can probably tell so thought I'd pop in and say hello.

I currently have a 1992 Celica GT4 which I've had for the last 4.5 years, its been a fantastic car and have had some great times in it. However its starting to get a bit tired so it is to be used as a track car which leaves a big hole for a new veryday car. After looking at lots fo stuff I couldn't find anything different that I liked, there are too many evos, 350Z and imprezzas about. The insurance on a skyline or a Supra is way too much for me plus the fuel costs!!!

After lots of searching I found this site and having read a few of the threads and seen some pics I want an S15 Silvia Spec R - I'm off to look at one on Monday, white 40k miles, £10,500

My car has about 230 BHP but weighs 1500Kg and four wheel drive did the quarter in 13.9sec. I'm looking forward to more power 247BHP, RWD and less weight 1275kg??

Is there any quick chassis code check to ensure it is a spec R i'm looking at??

Thank you :)

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
welcome iam sure u wont regret geting a S15
is it anyones S15 on here ur going to look at??

mines for sale hehe about 300+ bhp

P

Pazz

If you post the JDM VIN number on here I or someone else will be able to confirm that the car is a genuine Spec-R.

Is it a private sale or dealer/importer? Try as hard as you can to confirm that mileage (auction sheet/service history+stickers etc), 40k for a 8-9 year old car is quite a bit below average.

S

SteveW

Thank you very much, to answer the questions its from an importer, I didn't get chance to go over and see it last night unfortunately.

I think its a fresh import etc, in the ad it claims to have full service history be it in japanese, the auction sheet and a BIMTA mileage certificate. When I bought my Celica it was 12 years old and only had 48k miles on it, that came with all the above mentioned bits too.

Thanks for the advice though guys, I'll post up the VIN when I go and see it.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The service history is pretty worthless, really. As you say, its all in Jap. Plus, you have no way to verify any of it unless you speak Japanese and can phone round the servicing garages in Japan....

S

SteveW

Unfortunately never got to see the car as it had sold.

Never mind I'll keep looking.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Don't give up mate - it's well worth the effort lol :D

And I've got the S15's down to more like 1230 kg according to Autocar IIRC - 40 odd kgs makes all the difference!!