What's new

Help! climite control unit?

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Ok need help please, really not sure what I can do with this. My S15 for some reason didn't come with the nice digital climate control unit. I believe it was an optional extra (my S15 start life as a specS). Or it's the unit from an S14, either way I've now bought the climate control unit. I though it would just be plug and play, but it isn't. I took the old one out and its got 5 connections! and the digital climate control only has 2.

Has anyone got any idea's how I'll get this climate control to work with my car? the harness for the original unit goes way into the front of the car, so not sure swapping that out will be an option. I'm hoping I can get a harness converter or something..

Pics below to help..

Old unit

Digital unit

Harness & connectors

So basically all them connectors won't fit into my new unit, not sure if it just won't work as I'll need something else?

Thanks in advance

S

S15 SILVIA

With the auto system, there is a cabin temp sensor mounted on the top of the dashboard, I'm guessing you won't have one, or a wiring plug to fit into the auto control pannel, couldn't tell you what else that's different, I don't even have a silvia yet!
Lol

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
OK thanks.. suppose I need to find out if there is anything listed parts wise at nissan? anyone else help please?

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Anyone help please? suppose I need to know what else I need to get this climite control to work?

Reaction score
Your only options are to find an adapter, like the ones for head units, but I doubt you will be able to, or swap the loom!

Maybe if you could find out what each individual wire does on both your one and the new loom you could see if they match up. If they do then its just a case of cutting each one and making your own loom.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
ok thanks :) suppose anyone hasn't got a NISSAN user manual for the S15 which might have a wiring diagram?

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Thanks C1TPT, I've had a quick look through it as well.. I've sent Nicely a PM asking if he can help..

Anyone else?

Reaction score
I know it might not be much help, but I can tell ya it's not a temp unit from a turbo s14 / s14a, they all come with climate control.

On my s14a there was a black box unit attached the the heater system behind the dash, I think this plugs into the digital climate control unit, and there's also a cabin temp sensor.

The likelyhood is that you'll need all these bits + associated loom in order to get it working. :(

I couldn't tell you any more without the wiring diagrams for both the spec-s and and the spec-r

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Thanks Ryan. Looks like I'll need to find out what the "other bits" are. Probably need someone that's breaking an S15, but would be nice to know what I need to ask for..

what a nightmare :( now thinking, is it worth it...

Reaction score
another thing u need to consider mate is the heater pipe in the engine bay by the tubby. Is your engine is a s14/14a one then there will be a mechanical valve that the mechanical gauge opens and closes to switch between cold and hot air. Not really a big issue but i have the digital climate control with a s14a engine and i just leave the mechanical valve completely open. I couldn;t figure out when it was all plumbed in why i was just getting cold air :)

in regards to the wires mate i would say just find out what wires are what on the digital and mechanical and splice them in. Go on sxoc and pm john bennet he's in the know when it comes to wiring and stuff :)

sorry couldn't be much help mate, i thought they were plug and play also

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
thanks pal. From that I can only see that I need the harness and sensors (in cabin sensor I think), but still dont know how to wire it all up?

Intresting about the ADM spec S15's, wander if mine started life over there? all though I do still have the folding mirrors...

Reaction score
thanks pal. From that I can only see that I need the harness and sensors (in cabin sensor I think), but still dont know how to wire it all up?

Intresting about the ADM spec S15's, wander if mine started life over there? all though I do still have the folding mirrors...
Your cars weird mate, you don't have climate control u have the mechanical s14 one but yet you have folding mirrors. You don;t know if u have a uk sr20 out of a s14 or if it is a jap s15 engine. Your coilpacks are s15 ones but they don't work right lol

i rekon you need to find out who owned the car before you and have a bloody good talk with him and find out whats what :thumbs:

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
lol.. I know its weird, but slowly going through it sorting bits out. Its defo a S14 Sr20 I've checked with the lad, not sure why he used S15 coilpacks though? (fixed them for now though)..

Think I need to find a good auto election, that wants a challenge to sort this climate control out, but I still need to find out what other parts I need, and NISSAN part numbers would be even better :)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
My advice is really not to bother. As you've seen, it isn't plug and play. From all accounts (someone gave details on nissansilvia.com), it's a hugely complex job fitting it, as there are also various sensors which are required (and I'm guessing you don't have).

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
:( ok thanks nicely... suppose you don't know what sensors I need? if its relative cheap to get hold of them I still might give it a go..

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I have looked into this conversion and gave up. I have an ADM and to swap out the harness and add all the extra sensors IMO would be a waste of time.

I know of someone that has done the conversion and he said if he knew how much stuffing around it would take him he never would have bothered.

It seems like your car was a low spec model. If it was an ADM it won't have the rear wiper, but seeing as though it has the folding mirrors, I would bet it's a JDM.